Bull Shoals in a couple weeks....

I'm sure a lot will be weather dependent....however I'll be up there Sept 23-26 for a tournament. How's the fishing been? Anybody got any reports?

2. Member

3. Member
    Right now . . . . boat in 25' to 35' of water. Fish old shoreline (659' - 661'). Secondary points, banks with big rocks, bluff ends, outside edge of brush lines. Throw brown/orange jigs up into the brush or watermelon red plastic craws out on edge of brush lines. Also, watch the channel towards the backs of creeks for bait balls. Find them and drop a spoon or drop-shot. You can get 1/2 oz and 3/4 oz spoons or any other bait you need at Virtus Outdoors on the main drag in Bull Shoals.

Conditions will likely change between now and the time you fish the tournament. Fish will likely come in shallower. I'll be out there myself most of the week. Lake and river. Brothers from MI (2) and TX (1) are visiting for a week.

Good luck Sam!

4. Member
    Sounds about like what I expected.....thx, man!

5. Member
    How'd you do in the tournament Sam?

6. Member
    Crappy....caught em decent on a buzzbait the first day, second day I couldn't get em to bite. And the DEEP fish I found wouldn't cooperate. I was catching some BIG smallmouth and 2+lb spots out in 45-50ft on a drop shot. They were there derby days but only caught a few. On Thursday, it was easy to get em to bite. It's an AWESOME lake and won't be my last time there. Thinking about heading up there for spring break week with the camper and wife/kids.