Thread: .22 scope

.22 scope

Looking to upgrade the glass on my .22 semi-auto for plinking and hunting. Fixed 4X is fine. So far the Leupold FX-1 is in the lead (I have to confess I have a soft spot for gold rings). Budget is up to $300 but would prefer to keep it closer to $200. Whatcha got that should also be in the running?

2. Member
    That leupold would be a nice one. Excellent choice. Me I tend to rotate older centerfire scopes such as a varix-ii or vx-2 into service on the rimfires as I put newer scopes on a few centerfires.

3. Member
    I put a UTG scope on my .17HMR a couple of years ago. Nice bright scope that has served well so far. Has never drifted zero, always accurate.

https://www.amazon.com/UTG-3-9X40-Hu...0747708&sr=8-2
    John

4. Member
    I have a Leupold VX-2 rimfire on my magnum research .22 and I like it a lot.

5. Member
    I have a Burris Droptine on my Magnum Research and I am pretty happy with it.
    5 Short of a limit

6. Member
    Any scope with parallax that’ll go down to your standard .22 ranges should work. Most scopes made for centerfire rifles if they have fixed parallax are set to 100+ yards, and if they have adjustable parallax often only go down to 50 yards or so. That will result in blurry targets or worse, a floating reticle at 10-50 yards, which is where most of my .22 hunting shots are taken. You may not notice, but I do and if you enjoy good accuracy its a necessity. So Id just look for whatever scope floats your boat and budget that has parallax that’ll work at the ranges you will shoot.