Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Regeneron Antibody Infusion?

Anyone had these or know someone who had them? Apparently there have been good results and there are semi-local drive thru clinics for COVID-19 patients.
    Me and my boys tested positive today -Uggggh.

My youngest couldn't get vaccinated -too young but me and my oldest had both Pfizer doses.

Thanks
    Last edited by BCapes; 09-02-2021 at 07:19 PM.

2. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    no experience except what i have heard that results using them are real good..
    i think i have also heard (so don't take my word on it) that they need to be administered early in the infection..

good luck sir

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    no experience except what i have heard that results using them are real good..
    i think i have also heard (so don't take my word on it) that they need to be administered early in the infection..

good luck sir
    Thanks Brian!

4. Member
    I just talked to someone yesterday, who had a family member get it. They turned around real quick after the infusion.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

5. Member
    It’s probably our best bet as far as treatment right now. Really do their best work within first 5 days of symptoms but can be given up to 10 days out. Starting to do a few patients that are high risk prophylacticly after close contact. I’m hoping the subcutaneous version takes off to make access easier and not have to go do a long infusion.
    2016 Stratos 201xl Evolution 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    My stepfather just got it after fighting COVID for over a week. He got admitted to the hospital after his o2 dropped dangerously low. Within 24hours of receiving it his condition improved enough he could come home. It does work.

7. Member
    I tested positive yesterday myself. I’ll be getting the infusion tomorrow morning and will let you know how I do afterwards. I’m not as bad as some but definitely feeling the effects of this crazy infection.

Quote Originally Posted by BCapes View Post
    Anyone had these or know someone who had them? Apparently there have been good results and there are semi-local drive thru clinics for COVID-19 patients.
    Me and my boys tested positive today -Uggggh.

My youngest couldn't get vaccinated -too young but me and my oldest had both Pfizer doses.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flippingmagician View Post
    I tested positive yesterday myself. I’ll be getting the infusion tomorrow morning and will let you know how I do afterwards. I’m not as bad as some but definitely feeling the effects of this crazy infection.
    Thanks ����. I hope it works for you.

I know someone who received it four days after their symptoms showed up. Two days later she felt much better.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Not sure that I understand the logic of treating with synthetic antibodies if you've been vaccinated but maybe you didn't respond as expected following vaccination. Definitely report on how it works for you.

My dad is 80 years old and diabetic and is/was vaccinated and caught Covid. He was going down hill fast and he was given Regeneron 5 days after he tested positive and in 2-3 days after the infusion he was like a new person. It kept dad out of the hospital and I don’t think he would have made it through without it.

12. Member
    I know 8 people that had COVID at approximately the same time. All took the Regeneron transfusion and all are over it. Don’t know if that means anything or not. One of those 8 is 5 years old and has had 4 heart surgeries! He didn’t even slow down. He would cough and keep moving!

13. Member
    Be aware if you have alpha gal allergy you cannot take it as it has mouse protein in it.

Quote Originally Posted by flippingmagician View Post

Take care of yourself. Get well soon.

15. Member
    My sister took the infusion the next day after testing positive as recommended by her Dr, she has a comprised immune system due to medication. She kept a fever with chills, body aches and a runny nose for a couple of days afterwards then started improving quite a bit every day.
    Last edited by Greenwing1; 09-03-2021 at 07:50 AM.

16. Member
    Don't wait.....I crashed hard on my 5th day after diagnosis and by the time I got to the emergency my O2 levels had dropped to the point it was too late....We asked for it as soon as we hit the door..
    There seems to be a fine line at the point they'll give the antibodies....You have to be sick but not too sick

Good luck...My wife had both Pfizer doses and tested positive after I got sick.....She had almost no symptoms..The only reason she got tested is she is a mother baby nurse and had concern for her patients and its protocol....
    Last edited by brnzbaklvr; 09-02-2021 at 08:55 PM.
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

17. Member
    Miracle "cocktail"......certainly a lifesaver in some cases, makes a huge difference in most.....best administered within 96 hours.

I am sure every state is different but here is criteria to get it here. They made a ton of doses available free for the whole state. They have set up stations to do the therapy. I know several friends that have went through the infusion and so far all are recovering OK. I am just posting this link as info.

https://www.houstonmethodist.org/blo...to-receive-it/

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos21XL View Post
    My dad is 80 years old and diabetic and is/was vaccinated and caught Covid. He was going down hill fast and he was given Regeneron 5 days after he tested positive and in 2-3 days after the infusion he was like a new person. It kept dad out of the hospital and I don’t think he would have made it through without it.
    Wow, great to hear Bryan, hope he continues to feel better

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

20. Member
    Results cant be argued with..but the cost difference to the taxpayer between the infusion and the vaccine crazy high. Regeneron treatment: $1,000 + and the Vaccine: $20 per Pfizer shot. Please get vaccinated if you can and save us all a few bucks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast