Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ttranger View Post
    They are all great reels. I would look at them and see what feels best to you. I think the BG is probably the heaviest but built like a truck. The Fuego is compact and very light. The NASCI has been redesigned for 2022 but looks like a great reel too. The NASCI does not have an optional switch on the anti-reverse, but the Daiwa's do if that feature is important to you.
    I have to agree with ttranger on this. I had a Fuego, it was very smooth and very light and worked well (until I stepped on the handle and it crumbled like a pretzel) but it didn't feel that solid. The BG is heavier and built like it should be. The only spinning reel in my boat is a CI4 Stradic and only because Cabelas had a great deal on it 2 years ago. When I'm in the market for another spinning reel it would probably be the Daiwa BG. I like the anti-reverse switch on my reels.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

The only downside of the BG is the weight, and I'd argue that weight on a spinning reel is overblown. At worst, it's not something you're likely to notice since the weight isn't directly in your hand, and you're not often fishing a spinning rod the same way you're fishing a casting rod. In some cases, I think it can even be a benefit due to improving balance that can improve sensitivity, particularly on longer rods.

Case in point: I have a Tatula LT, and it's a fine reel. I also have several BGs. I am fully confident in saying that I prefer the BGs over the Tatula LT that retails for nearly twice as much. They're just so solidly built and confidence inspiring all around, from their smooth operation to their satisfying mechanics (flip the bail back and forth on a BG and compare to literally any other reel in that price range) to their smooth drag. That's not a knock on the Tatula, I just think that it's unavoidable to not lose something when you lose the weight without spending a LOT more. The Certate that I just picked up is proof that it can be done and then some, but also pretty solid evidence that you gotta pay to play in that realm.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12