Anyone been on Egypt recently?

Wondering how the bass bite is. Thinking of making a trip over Monday and fishing 1/2 the day.

2. Member
    Has been hit and miss lately. Still lots of pleasure boaters running around all over the lake. When you do get a bite make sure to fish out the area good. Have had some bites both on main lake and pockets. Main lake is difficult to fish after 10am once all the boaters and jet skis come out to play. Good Luck!

3. Member
    Hillsboro, MO 63050 & Dripping Springs, TX 78620
    Was over there on Wednesday, Had a great day. 12 plus fish over 18 to 21'' and caught probably 35 plus fish in 6 hours. Had not been there in 30 years. It does suck not to be able to fish the docks though. I know those bass are just sticking their tongues out at me, under those docks. Lake had some fisherman on it and 1 a$$ that kept buzzing several of us bass fishermen.

4. Member
    Thanks bstaley and Maverick for the info. I haven't been probably in 10 years so kind looking forward to it.

5. Member
    We will be running back over on Thursday for the day. I am north of Hillsboro and my fishing partner is in Pevely. We always take the suicide bridge at Chester.

6. Member
    Lol I hate that bridge. When we fish Kinkaid we head down route 3 but come home thru St Mary so we can stop at the Dew Drop in Bloomsdale to eat. Always afraid I’m going to clip that ridiculous curb they got on that bridge.

7. Member
    MaverickPro201 If it was a guy in a pontoon boat he was probably the same a$$ who was cutting between me and the points I was fishing. No matter where I went I had this one pontoon boat flying by me . Unfortunately most people who live on that lake think they own the water and don't like bass fisherman. Just part of the game I guess.

I responded to a comment a Lake of Egypt resident made regarding banning bass boats. My response was, Yeah, let's do that, but first, let's ban all the useless boats. (In my opinion, any boat without a trolling motor is "useless"); while we are at it, less ban pontoons as well as jet skis and runabouts. Let's not forget kayaks, the most dangerous boat on the water. Pretty soon, we can even get rid of the float mats, too. Be CAREFUL with what you want to ban because your toy may be next. I don't have a Fishing Rule posted at my dock, but if I see a guy throwing a crankbait, I'll come down and ask them not to. I don't want a crankbait snagging my boat seats or cover, nor have one break off where my grand-kids will be swimming. Flipping is okay since they are pinpointing their cast. Most of the time I'll ask the bass fisherman how they are doing or what they are biting on. Overall, most of my neighbors are pretty good and if you show them respect, they show you the same. For the guy in the pontoon, first time I would ignore, but if it's continual; I'd pick up my flipping stick and turn it into a casting rod with a 3/4 oz tungsten with good timing to let them know that's a no-no. I'm a member of Little Egypt Bass Club.

9. Member
    So I started to look at the lake rules and under the section for boats prohibited it states:

C. Pontoon boats exceeding 28 feet and hull boats exceeding 20 feet.

So would this mean that my 20'2" bass boat shouldn't be used?

10. Member
    I have fished there for 40 years out of 2 different bass boats that were 20’10” with absolutely no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by NattyLite View Post
    So I started to look at the lake rules and under the section for boats prohibited it states:

C. Pontoon boats exceeding 28 feet and hull boats exceeding 20 feet.

So would this mean that my 20'2" bass boat shouldn't be used?
    I am unaware of them enforcing the boat length rule. They do have lake patrol and he will monitor the lake speed limit. It is a private lake and has its rules. Some coves are even off limits. The lake gets a ton of pressure over winter
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

12. Member
    Was over there again yesterday, 9/9/21 Fishing was good but not as good as last week. Still caught good quality fish, just not as many. Also brought home 2 catfish about 5 lbs each. That we caught on plastic worms.

13. Member
    nikldac, You are correct in your response for the bass boat bans that's a big can of worm to open. In my statement about people living on the lake thinking they own it isn't about everyone on the lake. I have several friends who live on the lake who bass fish and recreational boat and are very respectful to fisherman . You seem to be a good person and understand a fisherman's point of view.. Bravo Sir!!!
    Back to the fishing I was out earlier this week and there is still a high amount of boat traffic. Fish are schooling in several areas, catching quiet a few fish each outing but haven't been able to get much size out of them.

I hear ya, bstaley. Fished club tournament on DuQuoin today. No one caught an over and all but one boat came in with a limit of 5. Big Bass was 1.5 lb. I prefished it on Monday and Wed and did much better both days. Egypt has been up and down. Caught a number on black worms and beavers, but it seems to change daily. If I knew what kind of rig Maverick Pro 201 has, may follow him around just to see how it's done.

15. Member
    Sent you a message nikldac

16. Member
    I headed over Saturday with my son. Had a decent morning but most spots that I wanted to fish really couldn't because of the wind. Black buzzbait, whopper plopper and green pumpkin flash jigs is what worked for us.