Question Looking for Advice for Finder Setup

I know the answer to this question varies very much on my style of fishing.

But right now I am looking at adding one of two set ups to my boat, and I really dont know which way to go.

I am mostly a power fisherman ( Large Mouth Bass ) , but what I think I am lacking is a casting tool, to see those bits of cover under the water.

The question I have is that between a Lowrance Active Target Mainly for Scout mode.
    Or a Humminbird Mega 360.

I have priced up both set ups to what I can afford and the choice would be as follows.

Helix 12 G4N MDI + Mega 360

Elite FS 9 and Active Target

Unfortunately an HDS 12 live where I live down here in South Africa is just too expensive.

If you could only have one, which would it be and why?

2. Member
    I've got the birds. I've been on other boats with Garmin and Lowrance playing with live. While I do have Mega Live on order if I had to start again M360 would definitely come first. The reason for this is unless the largies are actively feeding you won't see them buried in those outside vegetation edges with live. M360 will give you a much easier time positioning on those outside edges to get the right casting angle. I would also advise going to a solix. I have both helix and solix on my rig. While the image quality is not too far off on si and di the m360 is night and day between the two.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewM-Fishing View Post
    I've got the birds. I've been on other boats with Garmin and Lowrance playing with live. While I do have Mega Live on order if I had to start again M360 would definitely come first. The reason for this is unless the largies are actively feeding you won't see them buried in those outside vegetation edges with live. M360 will give you a much easier time positioning on those outside edges to get the right casting angle. I would also advise going to a solix. I have both helix and solix on my rig. While the image quality is not too far off on si and di the m360 is night and day between the two.

This is great advice thank you, Could I ask exactly what Solix you would suggest getting?

Would you also suggest the Solix if I had to get a 10" vs a Helix 12"

4. Member
    I have the active target with an Elite FS9 and i really like it. However, the scout mode is difficult to use and i seldom use it. I have tried it and you have trouble seeing the fish with it unless they swim by you (you can see the motion). The view is just very busy and hard to interpret what you are seeing in a quick fashion. I like the active target in forward mode for looking at structure. I can point it at what I want to look at. I also have a Helix 9 G4N MEGA SI. The side imaging is absolutely incredible on this unit in my opinion.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RossCo91 View Post
    This is great advice thank you, Could I ask exactly what Solix you would suggest getting?

Would you also suggest the Solix if I had to get a 10" vs a Helix 12"
    I have the G2 Solix but have used the G3 Solix. The G2 lags a bit when switching views but if you can find a 15" G2 over the 12 G3 I would suggest going that route. I'm currently looking for a 15 to replace my 2 helix 12's on my console.