Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Jury is still out on that.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

2. Member
    I am assuming that if the demand linear is not 100% then you will know for sure after break in, sounds like you will get less than desired performance, lower rpms and speed. correct?
    2021/ 200 hp 4 stroke pro xs
    2021 Triton TRX 18
    #3B051045

3. Member
    Don, you mentioned perhaps making a video on this process. Have you had any success with that?

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I did start that attempt- but soon realized that there are so many variations and pitfalls to avoid that I preferred to stick with something simple (and written). Still thinking about the logistics of it, though.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Checking in after a few months of playing on my 2022 Z-19. I now have 44 hours on the motor ( closer to 300 hrs fishing). Mine came with a 23P fury prop. I saw 65mph with 2 of us (no gear) but only 5700 RPM's due to elevation 3700'. I went to a 21P tempest and now loaded with tourney load (which is alot for me) and 2 peeps, I'm getting 62-63 MPH and 6200 RPM's. Id guess my hotfoot to be close to 100% if not at it. Not likely ill see the 66-68 MPH that some are getting wit their Z-19 due to my elevation vs sea level.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12