New to Kayak fishing

I sold my Bass Boat. Just didn't use it that much. I am going to buy an Old Town Sportsman Autopilot 136 as soon as I can find one. I am old and I guess the bass boat spoiled me. I don't want to paddle or peddle while I fish. The spot lock trolling motor should help me stay on a spot. I can rig a bass boat with the best of them. I know nothing about rigging a kayak for fishing or the must haves on the kayak. As soon as I get the kayak I will be back asking for advice on rigging.
    BulletTJ
    Tim
    There is never a wrong time
    to do the right thing!

I'll help you get started on a must have list: 1)A good paddle. 2) Vest. 3) Method to tie off and secure everything you want to keep when you roll your kayak. Think rods, tackle, battery, keys, phone, etc.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

3. Member
    You selected a good model to buy. I run a Jackson Coosa FD with e-drive, but that Old Towne might be my next one. Lots of guys in my kayak clubs and tournaments use them and love them. Find a good kayak club and see what other folks out there did and surf YouTube!

Check youtube out. There are plenty of videos of kayak rigging. Be careful, it is a deeeeeeep rabbit hole.

I may be too late but I might be able to help you save some money...…. If you're not going to buy a pedal kayak then why spend $4200 just to get a kayak with spotlock? You can buy a NuCanoe and add the Motorguide Xi3 with spotlock on the bow via a OTWI mounting plate and come out with an equally capable kayak for $1300 less.