Genesis live help

So I thought I watched enough videos on this and seems pretty straight forward but can't get me genesis live mapping to work.

Im running a SS3D as well as an airmar TM165WH for 2D. I have a blank SD card 32GB in my HDSLIVE12.

I go into the map options and select "Genesis live" as the map overlay, but nothing happens.

What am I missing?

Thanks

2. Member
    Typically due to not having correct source for depth. Check Pages-Settings-Network-Sources and see where it takes depth from. (Should be local channel 1, as I assume that i where you have your TM165HW.)

3. Member
    I’ll give that a shot thanks. I noticed i also have no digital depth on my DI/SI so that kind of makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    Typically due to not having correct source for depth. Check Pages-Settings-Network-Sources and see where it takes depth from. (Should be local channel 1, as I assume that i where you have your TM165HW.)

4. Member
    That was it. (Set to port 2 from when i had the 3in1

Thanks

5. Member
    It seems that I need help too. I have 2 HDS live 12” units installed and working properly. When I idle close to a shore line the base map shows the shore but Genesis Live wants to write contour lines over the shoreline. It writes 8’ to 12’ contour lines well beyond the actual shoreline. Obviously a dangerous thing. I have used Insight Genesis and a Humminbird Zero lines card in a Helix 7 and neither mapping application ever wrote contour lines over dry land.

Any ideas?

6. Member
    That is how it works. Always record a sonarlog as well, upload to C-Map Genesis and once the map there is updated, simply delete the Genesis Live-files from the memorycard as you now have much better mapping and don’t need the Genesis Live anymore.

7. Member
    Having to save sonar logs, buying a subscription and uploading your sonar files to C-map Genesis makes Genesis Lice pretty much useless doesn’t it? My $600 Helix 7 with a $99 zero lines card handled live mapping much better than my new $6400 HDS Live bundle. There has to be a better solution. If not then how dare Lowrance advertise it as a key selling point. As it is it is worse than useless. It is dangerous if you navigate with it at all and it is a time waster if you try to use it in competitive bass fishing. The contour lines with 100 feet of the bank are total totally unreliable.

8. Member
    I am VERY skeptical of Insight Genesis or C-Map Genesis subscription services. I had Insight Genesis and really liked it. Mapped a lot of water with it and always chose to keep my maps private. As the one year mark approached I called to renew my subscription. I was assured by the support team that my subscription would auto renew. I checked social maps weekly to see what others had contributed so I was familiar with the level of social maps. Insight Genesis did not auto renew my subscription, my maps were locked away from me one day. When I called support they told me my subscription had expired and suggested that create a new subscription and upload my sonar data AGAIN (hundreds of hours worth). I decided to buy the Helix at that moment but when I checked social maps all of my sonar data was effectively stolen and made public domain. Nothing will convince me that they did not make a conscious decision that they would rather have my data than to have my $100 subscription.

if Genesis live cannot do better than what I have seen so far it may be a deal breaker for me. Humminbird does make a solid unit with good live mapping, great side scan and good down imaging.

9. Member
    C-Map Genesis in its free version does the same as Humminbirds sharing-option, only with better quality control.
    Reefmaster does exactly the same as AutoChart PC, only with better interface.
    Humminbird has no equivalent to C-Map Genesis and their paid subscription.
    Lowrance has no equivalent to the bottom-composition and vegetation parts in AutoChart Live.

Is one better then the other? That comes down to personal preference. If someone has broken a contract with you, you call a lawyer.