Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane s View Post
    Why are they not lasting more than 700 hrs?
    I'll let you know in about 6 years. I'm at 235hrs with 0 issue. I don't think bass fishing motors accumulate high engine hours like work boats or off shore rigs. My brother fishes ocean out of miami and accumulates hrs on his motor way faster than me. They troll off shore at 5-12mph so engine is running the entire trip.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smallykiller View Post
    I'll let you know in about 6 years. I'm at 235hrs with 0 issue. I don't think bass fishing motors accumulate high engine hours like work boats or off shore rigs. My brother fishes ocean out of miami and accumulates hrs on his motor way faster than me. They troll off shore at 5-12mph so engine is running the entire trip.
    Bass boat motors typically have many start/stop/start/stop cycles. With low hour run times between them.

Saltwater boats are just the opposite. Maybe one start at the day and one stop at the end of the day. Maybe 12 or more hours later.

Bass boaters seem to use high pitch propellers. Hammer down on the throttle at WOT to get going. Maybe very quickly after start up.

Salt water boats have lesser pitched propellers. Typically coming up on plane slowly maybe never reaching WOT. Usually after having to idle for a while before getting up on plane.

What bass boat motors have going for them is fresh water usage. Salt water motors live in a much harsher environment.

3. Member
    I'm not understanding why you would suck some oil out if its making oil isn't it deluded ,I would personally want new oil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12