Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Caracal Sherm’s Marine

Finally received delivery of my Caracal after a very long wait. The Covid crisis and material shortages along with unprecedented demand was brutal. An earlier factory tour, a demo ride and drive along with a lot of research, I decided that this was my boat. Sherm Truss worked with me and after some back and forth details he submitted my order. My boat was delivered to Sherm durning the Fourth of July week. The following week was the dealer meeting and Sherm told me he would start rigging after his return. He just got started rigging and came down with a very serious case of shingles. It put him down for three weeks and is still recovering. A few prayers his way would be greatly appreciated. I asked Sherm if it would be ok to mention his condition before this post. He’s doing better and he’s been to hell and back with pain and discomfort. I was anxious to receive my boat, but I told him that his heath was more important than my boat. He powered through my rigging and set a pick-up date. He’s located five hours from my location so this would be a two day event. Sherm had already water tested it before my arrival to work out any bugs. We spent time on the local lake to run the outboard and go through a systems review as he does with every sale.

Pic up day Sherm’s dealership is located on his farm in central Indiana.

Sherm picking me up at the lake for water testing and systems review.

A quick stop on the way home for a Trick Step for add on.

Sherm has a custom cover fabricated for each boat to fit all the equipment. It got a good test I had to stop and cover and drove through torrential rain for the last forty miles. Not a drop in the boat after cover removal. Two days to detail and add custom items she’s ready for break-in.

Thanks to Sherm for making my dream a reality! If your looking for a no nonsense dealer give Sherm a shout. His knowledge on rigging and the BCB brand makes him a top dealer.
    Wayne
    Last edited by WjColdWater; 08-30-2021 at 07:01 AM.

BEAUTIFUL Bass Cat from one of the best dealers ever. Congrats and enjoy.

Beautiful rig my friend! My thoughts and prayers sent to Sherm, he's a good one.

4. Member
    Beautiful rig. Congrats and enjoy. Prayers to Sherm for a full and speedy recovery. Shingles is an extremely painful condition. Sherm is a wonderful person and a great one to deal with for a Cat. I have twice come down 8 hours from Canada to buy boats from him in six years. And yes, his canvas maker makes the top to fit like a glove and will not budge on the highway.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

5. Member
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. Moderator
    Awesome boat! Congrats!!!

7. Moderator
    I Can't stop looking at the whole house/property either! You've done well for yourself!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post
    I Can't stop looking at the whole house/property either! You've done well for yourself!!!
    Agree awesome boat and living the American dream.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post
    Thank you! Got it the old fashioned way hard work. Our careers were good to us.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Agree awesome boat and living the American dream.
    Thanks!

11. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    Congrats; enjoy!
    2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.

There is no sexier boat than a Bass Cat

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

13. Bobby8
    Nice!! Enjoy!!

Well it's about time you were able to drag that tub home. Now just have to get it wet!

15. Member
    I do not know if it's specific to Lowrance, or just that position, but my Carbon 9 is on the left at my console, and I cannot keep the cover on without one of those bunjies. Meanwhile, the Garmin on the right, stays on with no help.

16. Member

17. Member
    My next boat, I'm hoping. Great looking rig

18. Member
    Awesome boat..

19. Member
    Mark Peiser Trickstep is top notch and makes great products! Some copycats out there but his is far superior!! Congrats are your new cat!!!
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

isnt a better guy around than Sherm. great guy and consider Sherm a friend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast