Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeboating View Post
    Your 75 should be on the 2nd hole. If you go stainless, 3rd hole no matter what, especially 4 blade. Get the Trophy X7. You won't regret it.
    Thank you Extreme!! I will look into that X7. There are so many items on my boat wishlist already.. won't hurt to add another .. the hard part is prioritizing.. luckily I have already upgraded the TM and batteries which were my top priority after getting the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeCSr View Post
    Thank you Extreme!! I will look into that X7. There are so many items on my boat wishlist already.. won't hurt to add another .. the hard part is prioritizing.. luckily I have already upgraded the TM and batteries which were my top priority after getting the boat.
    No problem at all! When you are ready for that prop, head over to Mercury's prop selector website. It's incredibly useful.

These Trackers come very lackluster but that is the reason why they are so cheaply priced, the things they skimp out on during the initial build they are able to pass onto you via the savings.

Hey at least you didn't have to build a deck extension like I did for mine!
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    24P 3 blade Ballistic XHS XL propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating

3. Member
    I actually responded to your deck extension I do believe. My front deck does have the angled part where the TM plug and trim switch goes and I will be doing that mod eventually so my longer rods sit flush on the starboard side =)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeCSr View Post
    I actually responded to your deck extension I do believe. My front deck does have the angled part where the TM plug and trim switch goes and I will be doing that mod eventually so my longer rods sit flush on the starboard side =)
    What mod are you referring to of the angled part? I have that part as well but I don't think mine is as pronounced as yours on the 175.
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    DD26 motor toter

5. Member
    Good news is that the prop is not blowing out any longer! Lowering the engine down did the trick... now I just need to get through the 10 hour break in period...
    1988 Bass Tacker Tournament Pro V17, 70 HP 2 stroke Mercury, Minn Kota Edge, Garmin 7CV (SOLD)
    2022 Bass Tracker Classic XL, 50HP 4 stroke, Minn Kota Edge, Garmin 93SV, Micro Anchor

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John_6788 View Post
    Good news is that the prop is not blowing out any longer! Lowering the engine down did the trick... now I just need to get through the 10 hour break in period...
    Now you can really enjoy your boat.
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

Quote Originally Posted by John_6788 View Post
    Throw up a photo of where the motor is mounted for me please. Like where the bolt holes are in relation to the bolts.
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    DD26 motor toter

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeboating View Post
    Throw up a photo of where the motor is mounted for me please. Like where the bolt holes are in relation to the bolts.

Here ya go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1988 Bass Tacker Tournament Pro V17, 70 HP 2 stroke Mercury, Minn Kota Edge, Garmin 7CV (SOLD)
    2022 Bass Tracker Classic XL, 50HP 4 stroke, Minn Kota Edge, Garmin 93SV, Micro Anchor

INTERESTING. Mine has always been in the 2nd hole straight from the factory but I never had wash out issues like you did. The only time washout was a factor was when taking heavy duty turns but now that I switched my prop out to a 4 blade washout is non existent and top speed is near equal to what I used to get. Maybe these Bass Tracker hulls really do better on the 1st hole when using 3 bladed props.
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    DD26 motor toter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12