Question Ken lake in October.

Coming over to Ken lake the middle of October. Wife and I rented a cabin around kenlake marina. What will bass fishing be like in October? Never fished kentucky lake at all. Just a fun getaway trip on hopes to catch a few bass. Any suggestions on where and how to run around the marina. Probably won't venture to far away from the area. Any suggestions on dinner option of the evenings?
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. Member
    KYL will be at winter pool stay in buoys
    good bay where you are a putting in to fish

3. Member
    October can be difficult in Kentucky. If it cools down, baitfish could be pulled back into the creeks. If it stays hot, they could still be close to the main lake, but still feeding on baitfish.

4. Member
    Stay in the buoy lanes and watch your depths when going into bays. Lots of good bays to fish close to Kenlake. Pattie’s is a great place to eat while you’re that close. Make a reservation. Several nice places in Murray to eat also. Should be a nice trip for you.

5. Member
    Check out the Apple, Keg in Murray, Fast Eddies has good food on 68 going toward Benton especially on Friday and Sat nights. If you want the best steak check out Adams Breezy Hill Farms Restaurant in Princeton.

6. Member
    What ever you do only run the main channel on the east side, out in the middle of Ky Lake is stumps, old foundations and islands.

7. Member
    Thanks for all the advice. It's just a fun getaway hopefully the weather is nice and get some good food in the evenings. Will just stay around the marina and nearby bays and bridge. A few bass would just be a bonus.

8. Member
    If you don’t have lakemaster, the secondary channels can get hairy if you don’t know the lake. Just because it’s a giant body of water doesn’t mean you can just go wherever. Some boat ramps get questionable but kenlake ramp is always safe.

9. Member
    Cindy's on the barge has a wonderful breakfast there at Ken Lake.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scott c View Post
    Thanks for all the advice. It's just a fun getaway hopefully the weather is nice and get some good food in the evenings. Will just stay around the marina and nearby bays and bridge. A few bass would just be a bonus.
    Agree with brotherjim, you could put in at ken lake and safely not leave that bay(Ledbetter) and catch fish. For what it's worth, if it's really windy, I wouldn't recommend leaving there and going north under the 68/80 bridge, it can get a little sketchy at times.

11. Member
    Drive up 68 to Draffenville and go here.

https://popiskitchen.com/

Patti's is good but stick with the 1" pork chop. Stays juicy since doesn't need as long to cook.

Also in Paducah is Stricklands and Freight house. Reservations needed for both too. I prefer Freight house but it's expensive.
    '12 Skeeter ZX20 SHO 250 Garmin Echomap Ultra 126SV and 106SV Ultrex.

12. Member
    We have had a good trip. Didn't catch many bass. But ate good. Ate the keg,Patti's and adams breezy hill restaurant. All was very good. Walked around hematite lake today, beautiful area. Really love the area down here it was my first time.
    Last edited by scott c; 10-16-2021 at 09:44 PM.

13. Member
    Good deal. Did you get the Patti's pork chop?

14. Member
    I got the pork chop, wife got the texas steak. The pork chop and adams breezy hill may of actually been better. Both great meals.

15. Member
    I got the pork chop, wife got the texas steak. The pork chop and adams breezy hill may of actually been better. Both great meals.
    I've heard that as well. Never been to it but sister says it's better.

16. Member
    If you didnt get some home made ice cream at Adams Breezy Hill you missed out on some excellent ice cream, their steak is second to none for sure.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    If you didnt get some home made ice cream at Adams Breezy Hill you missed out on some excellent ice cream, their steak is second to none for sure.
    I got the banana. It was excellent. I really enjoyed that meal. Nice place with extra friendly staff.