What a pain it was to run a new transducer cable in my RT198 to the dash panel

Okay, I don't do well in this heat and humidity.
    Decided to replace Helm mounted Lowrance Hook2 - 7 that came original on the boat.
    It was a royal pain to pull the old transducer cable.
    Being part of the original build, the original cable was wrapped around everything.
    I had to remove the Helm from the deck, as the holes being off center I could not get the connector through the hole, nor pull the new connector back through.
    Then being bolted and least there was slots in the mounting bolts, so you could hold the bolt while tightening the nut. Still a pain with all the wiring under the dash.
    Needless to say it was one heck of a job that took a long time to complete.
    Taking the boat to my son's house so he can fit the new FF to the dash. He has much better skill at that type of wok than I do.
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    This summer has worn out it’s welcome weeks ago. I’ve been moving my folks into assisted living the past three days and I feel like I’ve sweated 20 gallons.

3. Member
    I ran into the same situation with my RT178 when I upgraded my graph in the spring. The only advantage I had was the temps were way lower than what you had to deal with.

So I ordered the Lowrance HDS-LIVE from Russell Marine and they specified a transducer for my application. GUESS WHAT? YEAH, the transducer they specified, does not fit the display unit.
    My son milled out the dash panel and when connecting the transducer to the display, FIT IT DIDN'T!
    2019 RT 198P
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

5. Member
    on Lake Hartwell in Westminster, SC 29693
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic Bob View Post
    So I ordered the Lowrance HDS-LIVE from Russell Marine and they specified a transducer for my application. GUESS WHAT? YEAH, the transducer they specified, does not fit the display unit.
    My son milled out the dash panel and when connecting the transducer to the display, FIT IT DIDN'T!

just get the adapter cable

Quote Originally Posted by ecoast View Post
    just get the adapter cable
    I was going by what the DEALER recommended. If I needed an adapter cable, why did he not specify when he quoted the set-up? I did not question his recommendation as he was the expert / dealer. He quoted a HST-WSBL and should of been a HST-WSU. Given an honest mistake, but after all the work it took to pull the new cable, yeah I am pisses about having to do it again, if they don't have an adapter.
    2019 RT 198P
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest