Praying Need everyone’s opinion please.

Ok y’all I need an opinion on this. I found what I think is a great opportunity but I wanna make sure. It’s a 1988 black Max 150 20” with controls and harness for 1000. I have to drive bout 4 hours. Sent me videos of it running. Needs carbs tune up and a good cleaning paint and stickers. It’s going on an 89 ranger 364v. My question is is this a good year for merc? I know usual oil injection issues but other than that what you guys think? Said compression is 115-120 all cylinders.
    Also is there a way to tune these up to gain a little more from the horse power without cooking it? Boat calls for a 175 that’s why I ask. Y’all please let me know. Thank you all in advance.

2. Banned
    USA REMINDER- This forum is PRIMARILY for 2-stroke 130hp and under!
    Please be sure to take a moment to make sure you're in the CORRECT Forum for your engine. While we're all very happy to assist, I did notice a few moments ago that 10 of the first 12 threads in this forum were for engines covered elsewhere.

There is a reminder pinned up at the top of the Forum... with descriptions to help clarify what is covered where.

Copying it here as well- Thank you for your assistance!

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

It will help you to receive faster, and more accurate responses if you will post your questions in the appropriate forum:

Mercury Motors (this forum)
    TWO STROKE models (Less than 135 hp).

Mercury - 2.0/ 2.4/ 2.5 Liter High Performance
    For discussions related to 2.0/ 2.4/ 2.5L Two Stroke motors (Carb, EFI, Optimax or Racing).

Mercury - 3 Liter & 3 Liter High Performance
    For discussions related to 3L Two Stroke motors (XS, ProXS Optimax, EFI, or Racing)

3. Member
    My apologies I didn’t realize this was the lower house forum. Thank you

4. Member
    aint nobody hurt about it
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Banned
    Hope you get some info !

6. Member
    he did
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................