Thread: BCB OI 2021

BCB OI 2021

Just passing this on.

We are in the midst of re-planning the October 2021 Owners Invitational on the backs of today’s CoVid surge..
    We hope that CoVid 19 gives us an opportunity for an Open atmosphere in our Spring 2022 Owners Invitational.
    Presently we are scaling this years back considerably. Registration will likely be limited to one day with all access being outdoors and spacing a priority. We may decide to reduce participation and the event could even be a three day event with a final day cut. Plans are being made to possibly reduce the number, or number of participants daily.
    There is a consideration to increase the entry fee significantly to also thin the field.
    While we understand there are two sides of the opinion on CoVid 19, we must concern ourselves with the safety of our guests and staff.
    This summers “Excellence In Action 2022” Dealer Meeting and Public Demo Day was overall a successful event. We do not have evidence that and transmission occurred around our events. However, we are painfully aware that transmission could exist by simply getting outside your bubble.
    CoVid tracing indicated we had two (2) gentlemen from one dealership return home testing positive for CoVid. We also had 17 states represented at the Public Demo Day and two (2) brothers returned to their home state testing positive for CoVid. One of the brothers services are today and we pray for the family.
    The situation around CoVid places a burden of responsibility on us as a company to take safety precautions seriously and we are.
    We hope to have registration open 5 (five) weeks before the event.
    Thank you,
    BCB

2. Member
    Saw on FB as well. Hope you folks can get together, I'm too far away anyway.

3. Member
    Pricing people out seems like poor choice

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    Pricing people out seems like poor choice
    A lottery for spots might be a better way.
    Last edited by printman71; 08-28-2021 at 06:41 PM.

5. Member
    Pricing people out looks worse on the company than holding an outdoor event. I’m sure a lot of people have already booked their lodging accommodations and if it changes to a three day event that could throw a kink in their reservation. Again this is an outdoor event. Not a dealer meeting, not Icast or packed commercial plane.

6. Member
    Sorry BCB I don't agree with it either. Look here's the elephant in the room. Covid is never going away vaccine or not. As a country we each need to make individual choices and move on. By now everyone knows the risks of Covid and it should be left to them to decide. Pricing people out of an event or not having it at all to prevent covid is the same mentality as getting rid of cars so people don't die in car wrecks. Let's move on with life and accept the risks

7. Member
    This times a million. Keep your B,C,D and zinc levels up, keep your distance, and extra ventilation for indoor stuff. Pretty much common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by llsdjv View Post
    Sorry BCB I don't agree with it either. Look here's the elephant in the room. Covid is never going away vaccine or not. As a country we each need to make individual choices and move on. By now everyone knows the risks of Covid and it should be left to them to decide. Pricing people out of an event or not having it at all to prevent covid is the same mentality as getting rid of cars so people don't die in car wrecks. Let's move on with life and accept the risks

We realize that we are in a no win position on the Invitational 2021. Cancel, reduce, limit, change, alter, none of those matter as there will be some opinions shared opposing any decisions we make.

9. Member
    I want to compliment the folks at BCB for their direct and honest approach to a very difficult situation. In both my professional life and second career as a Federation President I have had to deal with COVID issues nearly everyday since the pandemic began. While everyone would like to return to normal, these are not normal times. It has been clear from the beginning that keeping your staff and clients safe is the highest priority and that is clearly reflected in your post. Implementing reasonable protocols and limiting attendance seems like a good option but I would suggest announcing a date for registration and simply limiting it to the "first xxxx number of registrants" versus a cost increase. Thanks for all

August 30th Update on the Owners Invitational.
    Latest information on the October 22nd and 23rd Owners Invitational plans.

Things are changing and we believe we will be able to offer an innovative system, and create an event with very limited personal contact.

We want to allow each of you to define your own social circles and not bring you into other circles.

Look for more information about 5 weeks out and we’ve got a lot of work to do.

BCB