Fix uneven stain on wood fence

Applying a transparent cedar naturaltone stain today using an airless paint sprayer. First time using a paint sprayer and instead of going up and down I started going side to side and it caused some uneven stain lines. Fortunately, I noticed it fairly quickly and this is only on the gate areas but it's annoying to look at. Anyway to easily fix this?

I used Behr Cedar Naturaltone Transparent Waterproofing Exterior Wood Finish.

Thanks, Robert

Can't think of an easier quick fix, but to sand and redo.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieLure View Post
    Can't think of an easier quick fix, but to sand and redo.
    that’s what I was afraid of.

4. Member
    You could try to blend it out by hand. The intent will be to make the lighter areas of the boards more closely match the darker horizontal “lines”.
    Use an absorbent rag, (like bath towel material) and wad up a fist size shape
    to dip in the stain, start with very little -like not dripping wet- on the rag and dab/drag the wood vertically from dark line to dark line (over the lighter area) Feathering it as you reach the dark lines.
    Suggest starting/trying this on any of the 4 vertical “end” boards of the gates, adjacent to the posts- this way, if you don’t like it then it’s at least off to the edge, near the darker post.

A quick scuff and reapplication of a darker colour would also be a solution, but that colour you’ve got looks quite nice.

5. Member
    Id say let it fade over the season and next spring re coat it using a roller, remember to always roll up.