Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Big O Bass Pro moving some what forward

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

2. Banned
    There goes the neighborhood.....

3. Member
    I know of several folks who have been to Big Cedar and love the place. Lots to see and do there. If they keep that pattern going it should be a great place to visit.

4. Member
    Should be good for the local economy and perhaps JM can have some influence on the quality and care of the lake..

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblerman65 View Post
    Should be good for the local economy and perhaps JM can have some influence on the quality and care of the lake..
    I totally agree with your statement

6. Member
    JM is also building a New Place for a Fishing Resort and Living Community on the St Johns River near Lake George. Bought up a bunch of land to build it on. Welatka I believe is the name of the closest town to it.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblerman65 View Post
    One can only hope this happens, although I doubt it will. Probably get it established and sell it to some developer company that will run it into the ground. What we were told when I worked as Bass Pro was that Morris has very little to do with the way the company was operated. Could be BS, or not.

8. Member
    I guess I may be being a pessimist but I am not excited about it. The lake is huge but fishes small, especially when the water is down, and having a pile of extra boats will only make it worse. The locals will appreciate the job opportunities which, is a good thing.

9. Member
    I hope he builds a big hotel and restaurant there. That area sure needs it.

The north end? I can see it now, lots of inexperienced boaters zipping around trying to find places to fish. Running into the rocks at indian prairie and j&s. Crowds on the north shore. Hitting them sticks at the north end of eagle bay....what could go wrong
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilt View Post
    The north end? I can see it now, lots of inexperienced boaters zipping around trying to find places to fish. Running into the rocks at indian prairie and j&s. Crowds on the north shore. Hitting them sticks at the north end of eagle bay....what could go wrong
    Yes, what could possibly go wrong

Lol

12. Banned
    Read the book " Double Whammy". How a development like that can backfire. It is fiction of course, but a great read

So Lightsy’s sold out? Gonna miss that place.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finlander View Post
    So Lightsy’s sold out? Gonna miss that place.
    They moved to town a while back, on South Parrot

Quote Originally Posted by mikeky View Post
    They moved to town a while back, on South Parrot
    I had heard but having dinner on that screened porch overlooking the Kissimmee River can’t be replaced.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

16. Member
    JM owns Bass Pro. He can do what he wants to do if he is so inclined.

THEY opened the one up off 95 at Palm Bay...call it Stick Marsh Bass Pro. IT has NOT been good for Stick Marsh. It has been bad for the fishing of the lake.

I do not fish Big O very much but if I did .... I would look at it as being just one more nail in the coffin...It will NOT be good for the people that like to fish it. They will run ads and bring people down by the hundreds. You will regret seeing this happen. It will create some jobs, that is about the only positive. It will not be good for the fish or the fishery.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    JM owns Bass Pro. He can do what he wants to do if he is so inclined.

THEY opened the one up off 95 at Palm Bay...call it Stick Marsh Bass Pro. IT has NOT been good for Stick Marsh. It has been bad for the fishing of the lake.

I do not fish Big O very much but if I did .... I would look at it as being just one more nail in the coffin...It will NOT be good for the people that like to fish it. They will run ads and bring people down by the hundreds. You will regret seeing this happen. It will create some jobs, that is about the only positive. It will not be good for the fish or the fishery.
    In what way has the Palm Bay BPS been bad for fishing Stick Marsh? I’m not Pro BPS just curious. As a tournament fisherman it would be great to have a decent hotel on the north end of Big O. If anything what is gonna and has ruined the fishing is all the Damn spraying going on. It absolutely SUCKS!!

I am hoping JM's voice will be loud enough publicly and financially to oppose continued spraying. Find better ways to mechanically harvest. There is a need to remove floating vegetation from the water ways (the Scott Driver ramps where choked the other morning with floating hyacinth).

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfish1 View Post
    There is a need to remove floating vegetation from the water ways (the Scott Driver ramps where choked the other morning with floating hyacinth).
    I asked FWC if they ever had anyone try a big vacuum truck vacuum. They say that they can not harvest floating hyacinth that are around reeds so they spray them. I think if you vacuum them out. The water drains back in the lake and you haul the veg out. They told me they never heard of that. Someone needs to see if it would work.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

20. Member
    I can see 2 reasons why that will never work.
    1. It makes sense.
    2. The chemical companies and companies like Applied Aquatics can not rake in the $ they are now making..

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast