Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Latest YouTube Video of Mega Live

All modes displayed. Latest from The Technological Angler.

‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

'05 Stratos 200 ProXL, '05 Evinrude 225HO

4. Member
    Crazy how the overlay reads 2 feet when clearly it was in deeper water
    Nitro Savage 896 - 150hp Mariner EFI - U​ltrex / Garmins

5. Member
    I have been debating getting Mega live or M360. After watching this. Going with M360.

6. Member
    Not at all a knock on humminbird but I can’t believe that this technology across all brands hasn’t improved more since released by garmin. Lots of room for improvement before I go live.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

7. Member
    Thanks for posting!

8. Member
    At this point they just need to remove the MEGA part out and just market it as Live. Garmin livescope images looks more Mega that this stuff and I'm a Humminbird user.

9. Member
    It seems the well focused screen resolution on a DI or SI screen is much easier to have a crisp view than the constant motion of the fish as well as the movement of the boat. I doubt actual live (unprocessed) screen shots will ever be crisp and clear. I am sure they will get better as there is now(or will be soon) a competitive market. JMO Bob
    Note. There has been many more videos made under varying conditions on the Garmin LS. I have seen some that seem more clear ,but many are not. I am not going to pick a winner till there are more
    HB and Lowrance videos on the net.
    Last edited by bobcoy; 08-27-2021 at 12:14 PM.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

10. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dsgb View Post
    At this point they just need to remove the MEGA part out and just market it as Live. Garmin livescope images looks more Mega that this stuff and I'm a Humminbird user.
    "Mega" is not a statement of anything except the sonar frequency used... It doesn't mean Mega Good unless people want to read that into the name.

Per the just released Mega Live Installation Manual, the frequency is 1.05 CHIRP MHz.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

As a footnote, Jason had mega down imaging and 2D running while taking this video.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Rich View Post
    As a footnote, Jason had mega down imaging and 2D running while taking this video.
    Is there a problem with running 2D and DI while LIVE is running ?
    Obviously, we are meant to run 360 and live together.... right?
    In this video from Zona, looks like he running all 3 at the same time...

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy9nc View Post
    Is there a problem with running 2D and DI while LIVE is running ?
    Obviously, we are meant to run 360 and live together.... right?……………
    There was a discussion about interference between Mega Live and the other Mega units. I found another Facebook video of a Mega 360 and Mega Live running on two different Helix’s. This guy hosts Humminbird training classes on Lake Fork.

https://www.facebook.com/1030621470/...2153716325143/

For those that don’t do FB:

C2-D78-D88-559-F-4-DFA-B671-8500848-D40-FE.jpg
    Last edited by Sirius Rich; 08-27-2021 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Added photo

14. Member
    So, It seems like all the other products out there. It's how you install it, adjust it and interrupt what your seeing.
    Ok so I am tasking Santa with bringing me one if he can get one out of humminbird!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Rich View Post
    There was a discussion about interference between Mega Live and the other Mega units. I found another Facebook video of a Mega 360 and Mega Live running on two different Helix’s. This guy hosts Humminbird training classes on Lake Fork.

https://www.facebook.com/1030621470/...2153716325143/

For those that don’t do FB:

C2-D78-D88-559-F-4-DFA-B671-8500848-D40-FE.jpg

Interferences very similar like in Active Target - from add working xdcrs.

16. Member
    It appears to me that the school of baitfish caused the incorrect reading of 2ft. It switches back and forth from 2ft to 8 ft with a thick school of bait under the transducer. I’ve seen this all the time when using my birds. I don’t have mega live yet but just my observation.

17. Member
    If my Mega Live looks like this then I'll be really happy!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    If my Mega Live looks like this then I'll be really happy!
    I agree. With so many HB ML haters out there it has been disheartening to say the least. I was originally a Lowrance guy. But a year and a half ago I bought a new BC Puma that had two 10” Helix units with MSI. I have since added a two 12” Helixes to the bow with a M360 and have mounted both of my 10s at the console. It’s not that I am a HB fanboy it’s just that I have all Humminbird now and have been very satisfied with them for many reasons. First is the MSI and MDI, it is awesome! Second is the M360, I use it all the time in conjunction with MSI, MDI, regular sonar and GPS mapping. Which brings me to my last and maybe one of the biggest reasons I like my Birds and that is Lakemaster. I have always been a Navionics guy but a buddy of mine encouraged to give Lakemaster a shot and here in Alabama it is awesome, it even has the Walker County lake! I feel like I have more flexibility to highlight subtle contour and depth changes. So with all that said, selling one of my 12” Helixes and buying a 12” Garmin that I could only use for Live just doesn’t seem like a smart move for me. Maybe the new Mega Live is not quite as good as Garmin, that remains to be seen. But I am going to continue to patiently wait and give it a try, I am just too deep in HB now to turn back without costing me a whole lot more money.
    Last edited by Mikes250r; 08-29-2021 at 10:53 AM.

19. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikes250r View Post
    I agree. With so many HB ML haters out there it has been disheartening to say the least. I was originally a Lowrance guy. But a year and a half ago I bought a new BC Puma that had two 10” Helix units with MSI. I have since added a two 12” Helixes to the bow with a M360 and have mounted both of my 10s at the console. It’s not that I am a HB fanboy it’s just that I have all Humminbird now and have been very satisfied with them for many reasons. First is the MSI and MDI it is awesome. Second is the M360, I use it all the time in conjunction with MSI,MDI, regular sonar and GPS mapping. Which brings me to my last and maybe one of the biggest reasons I like my Birds and that is Lakemaster. I have always been a Navionics guy but a buddy of mine encouraged to give Lakemaster a shot and here in Alabama it is awesome. It gives me more flexibility to highlight subtle contour and depth changes. So with all that said, selling one of my 12” Helixes and buying a 12” Garmin that I could only use for Live just doesn’t seem like a smart move for me. Maybe the new Mega Live is not quite as good as Garmin that remains to be seen. But I am going to continue to patiently wait and give it a try, I am just too deep in HB now to turn back without costing me a whole lot more money.
    I'm with you on all your points. I'm not putting a lot of stock in what the prerelease images look like. I have faith that Humminbird will continue to fine tune the product in the initial production release as well as over the next few SW releases. Hopefully they won't screw up one of the SW releases like Garmin did on the LiveScope.

Tied in with my 2 networked Solix control heads, I have Cannon Optimum Downriggers and Mega 360... Both of which can be controlled cf

From either unit. I prefer to keep everything integrated going forward so I plan to go with Mega Live as soon as I can get one.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

20. Member
    Looks like to much confusing .. better clearer images with my Mega 360…
    catch just as many..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast