Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    I agree with what he said.
    How can you compare something against something else if you don't have it!
    Also, comparing a production level Garmin and Lowrance against a pre-production level Humminbird just isn't a level playing field. Maybe the production level won't have any improvements over the pre-production but I would bet that isn't the case. I would expect initial improvements as well as continuing improvements with future software releases.

Also, I'm not sure where he got the actual Humminbird frequency used as I haven't seen that actually published by Humminbird yet, but, it would make sense for Mega Live to be on the low end of the mega spectrum so that you could run Mega Live and Mega 360 at the same time without significant cross talk... Time will tell.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    Also, comparing a production level Garmin and Lowrance against a pre-production level Humminbird just isn't a level playing field. Maybe the production level won't have any improvements over the pre-production but I would bet that isn't the case. I would expect initial improvements as well as continuing improvements with future software releases.

Also, I'm not sure where he got the actual Humminbird frequency used as I haven't seen that actually published by Humminbird yet, but, it would make sense for Mega Live to be on the low end of the mega spectrum so that you could run Mega Live and Mega 360 at the same time without significant cross talk... Time will tell.
    Page 41 in the Installation guide----
    MEGA Live Installation Guide (johnsonoutdoors.com)

It's the same as the lower end of the Side Imaging+ frequency
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Did y’all notice at 4:17 into the video he said only compatible with gen3 Solix and all Apex models?

Quote Originally Posted by BASStard6344 View Post
    Did y’all notice at 4:17 into the video he said only compatible with gen3 Solix and all Apex models?
    Fake News. It was stated in November what the compatible units are as well as the Humminbird website, nothing has changed.

Paragraph 6 in the Features-----MEGA Live Imaging | Humminbird (johnsonoutdoors.com)
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

From the article in the latest BassMaster, page 50 & 51, Humminbird states that s/w updates will be ongoing or never ending. Personally I am happy with my decision to wait for ML in order to keep the One Boat Network, no black box, less power demand, wet switch tech, superior mounting bracket and a workable display that will continue to improve with each update.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

6. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Rich View Post
    From the article in the latest BassMaster, page 50 & 51, Humminbird states that s/w updates will be ongoing or never ending. Personally I am happy with my decision to wait for ML in order to keep the One Boat Network, no black box, less power demand, wet switch tech, superior mounting bracket and a workable display that will continue to improve with each update.
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

7. Member

8. Member
    Me too!

9. Member
    Not trying to get into a debate over updates but the one time I updated my 2 humminbirds I had to go back to the old software due to bugs and horrible si. So I can't say it will improve with each update.

10. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I have benefited tremendously on my Solix from the various updates through my Gen 1 and Gen 2. Have there been the occasional bug or "irritant"? Absolutely, yes. Have the benefits vastly outweighed those bugs and "irritants" ? Absolutely, yes. Personally, I think you are missing out by not keeping the software current.
    Last edited by SLYDoggie; 09-15-2021 at 01:01 PM.

11. Member
    I agree. Also comparing a Garmin you have been tweaking for 2 years to a MegaLive out of the box proves nothing. I want to see a video of someone familiar with both, knowledgeable enough to tweak both and taping the same scene at the same time.

12. Member
    FG said something similar to updates. You never know what you are getting till you bite into it. Updates have been a double edged sword. We shall see. I am somewhat optimistic! JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

13. Member
    Mega Live software for Helix was released on the Humminbird site today. Hopefully a good sign to start shipping soon!!!
    Last edited by TNBassTracker; 09-15-2021 at 09:49 PM.

14. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Here is a new one of Walleye fishing in Down Mode. Also discusses the settings.

15. Banned
    no update for solix 10 g3 mega DI yet..

16. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Angler View Post
    no update for solix 10 g3 mega DI yet..
    Yeah, I've been watching for the new V4 Solix software daily... Well, who am I kidding, I've been checking at least 3 times per day. Anxious to get my hands on it to check out the new 70/30 split screen mentioned in the Mega Live Operations Manual to see if it only applies to Mega Live or if you have total flexibility to put whatever you want in the 70% and 30% sections.

17. Member
    My guess is it will just be an added view template(70/30) I think they had all the useful mega live combinations pictured. I don't see any SI combos. I doubt it would allow good use of Mega Live or SI together. Is there a reason you suspect something different? That is an item that has been requested many times(70/30) In keeping with what appears a non changeable nix on adjustable windows. Not sure how limiting views to only certain combos would have a reason to be limiting it starting with Mega Live on Solix/Apex. Just my guess Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

18. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    My guess is it will just be an added view template(70/30) I think they had all the useful mega live combinations pictured. I don't see any SI combos. I doubt it would allow good use of Mega Live or SI together. Is there a reason you suspect something different? That is an item that has been requested many times(70/30) In keeping with what appears a non changeable nix on adjustable windows. Not sure how limiting views to only certain combos would have a reason to be limiting it starting with Mega Live on Solix/Apex. Just my guess Bob
    I would hope that there is just a new 70/30 side by side split as a new view template. I would also hope that you could put anything you want into those 2 sections. The main use I would have is to have a Mega 360 full view in the 70% side with a chart view in the 30% side. When the Mega 360 is in full view mode, there is a lot of wasted space on either side on my Solix 12. I think that putting it in a 70% screen section wouldn't "shrink" the Mega 360 image itself.

19. Member
    Wait for the gen 2 . Doesn’t look better than garmin

20. Member
    And I thought I was the only one tying up the server.

Yeah, I've been watching for the new V4 Solix software daily... Well, who am I kidding, I've been checking at least 3 times per day. Anxious to get my hands on it to check out the new 70/30 split screen mentioned in the Mega Live Operations Manual to see if it only applies to Mega Live or if you have total flexibility to put whatever you want in the 70% and 30% sections.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast