20 ga. Shotgun shells are gone!

Went today to check out shells at two Academy’s, 2 Walmart’s, and Sportworld to shoot sporting clays this Saturday with my two grandsons.
    Wow! All I could find in 20 ga. 2 3/4 inch, were 3 boxes of 6’s and 3 boxes of 5’s at walmart. I said give me all of those. He said 3 box limit!
    Called our nearby BPS and was told they had no 20ga. Dove loads and didn’t know when they would get any more in.
    Academy said truck comes tomorrow and if they got any they would be on the shelf by opening at 9.

I headed to my storage unit to dig through shells that had not been dug through since last dove season. Bingo. Two flats of 20 ga. 7 1/2 and 8’s. Got lucky for this year. At least we will get a shoot this Saturday and a hunt the next.

12 ga. Situation did not look much better. So I grabbed a flat of those and was mad I did not get another.

I will shoot my 28 ga. And I stay well stocked in those shells. We usually only get one or two days of dove hunting. So I will get by this year.

I hope you all are finding your shotgun shells you need.

2. Member
    Update:
    Made the circle again.
    BPS Surprise-Multiple boxes of 20 ga. Dove load on the shelf-10 box limit-got todays allocation. Free with Points! I love Cabala’s card buying my ammo! No .270 or 9mm.
    Line of folks at Academy before opening.
    No 20 ga. There but more 12 ga. Than yesterday. Grabbed a flat of those.
    Biggest Rumor heard while waiting for opening: Vaccination Requirement to fly will put nonVaccinators on the No Fly List, which automatically puts you on the No Buy Gun List. Hard to believe as the two have nothing to do with each other but one said it is automatic and part of the system to be used to prevent gun sales. Hmmmm.

Interesting to hear about that rumor. The Dems will do anything to stop gun sales to private citizens. Shotgun ammo has been hard to find here too. We have trap at our club and fewer people are showing up because they can't find ammo.
    As for other ammo. I saw 7.62X39 Wolf for $289.99 for 1K rds a week ago Friday. Yesterday it was $499.99 and sold out.
    Primers are the biggest problem here for those who reload, especially small pistol primers. Another thing I heard was why there is a huge shortage of .380 auto. They say the it is run off the same tooling as 9mm and with the demand of 9mm, the 380 is cut short.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

Lol. They won't contaminate there no fly list with that trash. Don't worry about that. May not be able to fly but that will be an auxiliary search for them.

5. Member
    No 20 gauge in dunhams, walmart, and local gun shops here yesterday. I too took my 9 and 10 yo to shoot some trap-- couldnt fine 410 for their s/s so used a 20 and no ammo. I ordered a case today from midway but was a 1 case only limit. crazy times. not to change subject but I ordered a clay cannon couple days ago-- looks like a fun way for the kids. anyone have said?

No 20 ga in Indiana. There is one small shop that had some in the spring, I'll check there but my dove hunting looks limited. Can't find 12 ga either. Dunhams had some 28 ga and all the buckshot a guy could want.

Was in the Academy here on Friday. Pallets of both 12 and 20 gauge shells.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

8. Member
    Walmart had two lonely boxes of 28 ga and that was it. Since they looked lonley, I bought them.

After the toilet paper fiasco last year, I went on a rampage buying shotshells. I have plenty for this year and next hunting and sporting clays. I did good there.

Finally found some 12ga. $11.25 a box. Beggars can't be choosers.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Interesting to hear about that rumor. The Dems will do anything to stop gun sales to private citizens. Shotgun ammo has been hard to find here too. We have trap at our club and fewer people are showing up because they can't find ammo.
    As for other ammo. I saw 7.62X39 Wolf for $289.99 for 1K rds a week ago Friday. Yesterday it was $499.99 and sold out.
    Primers are the biggest problem here for those who reload, especially small pistol primers. Another thing I heard was why there is a huge shortage of .380 auto. They say the it is run off the same tooling as 9mm and with the demand of 9mm, the 380 is cut short.

11. Member
    16GA are extinct.

I was told to show up early, right after they open, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday’s at Academy for ammunition. Tried it yesterday and was able to find a lot of 9mm ammo and they also had a huge selection of shotgun shells but didn’t look at the specifics. I bought 4 boxes (limit) and then went to another Academy and bought 4 more.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeSF View Post
    16GA are extinct.
    16 and 28 is all I could find until yesterday.

14. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    16 and 28 is all I could find until yesterday.
    28 is all I can find right now. No 12 or 20 to be found.

15. Moderator
    I found 5 boxes of 20ga at Cabelas last night for $9.99. Scooped them up as it's all I have seen so far.

Cabelas in Columbus OH had various loads in 20 and 12 yesterday. Prices higher than should be but not outrageous considering everything. Also has 16 GA browning pheasant loads.