Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    How about the Kimber 84M Hunter? Anyone used this? Just a bit more for one in the caliber I want.
    I have a Kimber 84M in .308 and it likes my Hornady SST 150 grain home brews. Of the rifles I own and have owned I have to say it is my favorite. Light, accurate, excellent adjustable trigger, and nice wood just the way I like them.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

2. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    I was always a Remington fan but they are not the same any more.
    The company that bought them out of bankruptcy seems to be committed to improving quality from the two new guns I saw from them yesterday. Prices went up a little too.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

3. Member
    I have got less than $200 after rebate in my 308 Savage and it’s more accurate than I am. It’s not fancy but I carry it to the woods not to a Bbq.

4. Member
    I think best long term value out there is a tikka t3x.

I know many like their kimbers, but I have had repeated failure to feeds on the couple Ive owned or used. When I looked into it I found it’s a common complaint with kimbers. You can get a smith to fix it if you have a problem, but so far kimber service has been pretty lousy for me. If you get a good one its a good rifle, but you may not get a good one.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MacIntosh View Post
    I think best long term value out there is a tikka t3x.

I know many like their kimbers, but I have had repeated failure to feeds on the couple Ive owned or used. When I looked into it I found it’s a common complaint with kimbers. You can get a smith to fix it if you have a problem, but so far kimber service has been pretty lousy for me. If you get a good one its a good rifle, but you may not get a good one.
    Maybe I was lucky but have not heard of others with Kimber rifles having this problem. Not having needed any service on my Kimber 84M I cannot offer any insight on their service or lack thereof.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    Maybe I was lucky but have not heard of others with Kimber rifles having this problem. Not having needed any service on my Kimber 84M I cannot offer any insight on their service or lack thereof.
    Its out there if you care to google “kimber 84 feeding problem” etc, you’ll find a solid dozen threads on it without looking hard. My wife still has one and we have improved it with a little bit of polishing and being extra careful, but it’s still very finicky compared to any of my other bolt action rifles in this regard even comparing to rifles that were half the price. Other than this it’s a nice, lightweight, great handling rifle, I would just want to run that particular gun before I bought to make sure it wasn’t going to be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    The company that bought them out of bankruptcy seems to be committed to improving quality from the two new guns I saw from them yesterday. Prices went up a little too.
    That is good to hear.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

8. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    I just ordered the Savage Axis from Bass Pro that I posted a link to in this thread. Didn’t realize it but Savage is offering an additional $50 rebate on top of the mark down bass pro had on it. Today is last day for rebate. So after tax and then the rebate applied it came up to $295. Ships to my local store. It’s gonna be my throw around side by side riding gun.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

I love my Tikka .300wsm in stainless/composite stock, my second choice would be Savage.
    Dawnpatrol.
    Goin Fishing be home for Hunting Season !!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnpatrol View Post
    I love my Tikka .300wsm in stainless/composite stock, my second choice would be Savage.
    Haha yeah I "like" mine exactly the same as yours. But she kicks a bit I'll probably only use it for bear county fishing in the future. Since I don't plan on a large trek hunt. I'll carry a heavier unit. But yeah as I said earlier in this post I love tikka, so smooth.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

11. Member
    I found a new in box Weatherby Vanguard S2 Range Certified in .308 Win for a pretty good price, a bit more than I wanted to spend but less than the Kimber. Now the wait for it to get here.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DougN68 View Post
    Bergara 14 series, i think they start out at about $650 and go up from there, good rifles for the money.
    Intrigued by this brand. Starting to see more of them..

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    What Remington firearms did you see and how much were they?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12