Garmin Sidevu Transducer Mounting Location RT188

Hey guys, quick question. Can someone post a photo of the mounting location you used for your side imaging transducer on RT188. Having issues with one side of the image being much brighter than the other and feel like the transducer is picking up the motor. Thanks in advance.
    2017 Ranger RT 188 Charcoal Metallic
    Mercury 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Fortrexx 80 lbs.
    Garmin EchoMap 73DV

2. Member
    I normally trim my motor up while scanning at slow speed to avoid this very issue.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdixer View Post
    I normally trim my motor up while scanning at slow speed to avoid this very issue.
    Wish i would have tryed tilting the motor up when on the water the other day... I will definitely try tilting the motor up next time I go. Thanks

4. Member
    My first time out after installing side scan I thought I had received a faulty transducer. Then on the way home from the lake it dawned on me what was probably going on. Sure enough trimming the motor was the cure.

5. Member
    Here is a photo of my mounting location. Is this about the same as where you guys are mounting your Sidevu transducers...

6. Member
    Yes. To give you an idea of positioning, when I connect the trailer strap to the boat, it just barely clears the side of the transducer.