Thread: Gelcoat

Gelcoat

I have a 1990 201 black with silver flake. Having a tough time finding a colour match for the gelcoat. Does anyone know where I can narrow my search to. Would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

2. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Deans should have your build sheet with exact color names. Then maybe they...or we.... can find the source of the gel for you...

3. Member
    Called Deans and they said they can only help me out with interior colours etc. They said they aren't able to provide me with anything to do with the gelcoat. I think I am going to try to make some up and test on a piece of plexi to see if I can't get close. I am working on very small areas so I guess close would probably go un noticed.

4. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    That is odd. Deans used to keep build sheets on file,which included gel names. Is the color you are wanting actual black with small silver flecks in it? If so, it’s called silver star, I think. I will have to check when I get home, as I used to have a 1999 187 with a trophy stripe that was black with tiny silver flecks. Remind me Wednesday, and I’ll check my brochures for you. I think Mini Craft of FL was the supplier then, tho not positive.