Thread: Chicken thighs

Chicken thighs

Want to grill them on gas grill. Any thoughts on skinless vs skin on. Boneless vs bone in Dry rub \ wet. marinade etc. Thanks for any thoughts

2. Member
    Bone in skinless IMO. Thighs are the best part of mr clucker in my opinion. Marinade wise I dont think you even need any unless you are cooking them for a specific purpose like tacos etc. I assume you are going a bbq route so I would just grill with your favorite BBQ sauce.

I do both. Skin on bone in most of the time and always when doing bbq. Now boneless,skinless with a little rub grilled and then dipped in hot sauce makes great sliders
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

I do all kinds of them. I’m a thigh guy. On a grill the bone in with skin keeps them moist. A marinade with soy sauce, ginger, and lime juice is excellent. Soak them for a couple hours and use whatever rub mix you like. Best part of the bird in my opinion.

Doing some tonight. Wife doesn't like skin on so I remove it.

I hit them with some salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and paprika or smoked paprika.

Cook them for about an hour on the Weber on a low heat and then hit them with BBQ sauce at the end.

You can't overcook thighs.

6. Member
    Thanks to ya'll

They do make your mouth water
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

OH YEAH !!!!!

9. Member
    We got a freezer full of thighs bone and boneless. I take the skin off before vacuum sealing. We got away from sauces and just do rubs. I won't even begin to suggest any since their is so many and all good. Boneless thighs are great to have on hand for salads or tacos or whatever. I used my emeril 360 airfryer for indoor cooking. I also like the basket on the rotisserie for them. Always cook extra cause they are great leftover cold. ( that's is my dinner tonight since its way too hot to cook.
    I like to deskin them, trim the fat, hit them with a rub before vacuum sealing. That way you thaw and cook. Great for traveling and camping.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

Allegro marinade is awesome. As shared earlier, it has soy, lime, garlic, herbs, and a little sugar. I add the marinade to a zip lock bag with the thighs for a few hours before grilling. I only do skin on bone in thighs. They’re like candy they eat so good. I rarely use a rub because the Allegro is so good by itself. I get it from the marinade/ condiment section of the grocery store. Too easy.

Slice some jalepeno peppers in half length wise, de-vain and de-seed the peppers, or not if you prefer them spicy. Mix up some cream cheese and shredded cheese, cheddar or pepper jack works very well, and stuff it into the peppers. Take a de-boned and skinless chicken thigh and place a pepper half inside the thigh,now take a bacon strip or two and wrap the thigh with it and peg it with a toothpick.Bake in the oven or grill at 350 until the thigh is done, now enjoy.

12. Moderator
    Those look awesome.

13. Member
    Bone in with skin on the grill. I can eat a half dozen of those suckers.

14. Member
    I cook them like competition cooks do. I put them in a muffin tin with seasoning of choice and a little chicken broth in each cup. Put them in the smoker until almost done, then take them out of the tins and sauce them then back on the grill.