Watts Bar Spring City Launch (rocks?)

I dropped my 17 ft tinny in today at the public launch near the Spring City marina. I swear I was hitting rocks or something as I idled away. While on the water, I also hit a tree stump, I think.

Anyhow, when I got back in, my aluminum prop had a couple of chunks out of it. Are there rocks below the launch, right next to the dock?

Also, where do we take props to get them re-worked around here? I'm in the Crossville area if that helps. thanks

p.s. Nice area to fish, but way too hot today for this old codger. I was off the water in an hour. Never had a bump.

Dan's Prop Shop, Performance Propeller, both in Soddy-Daisy. E. Tenn. Propeller, Knoxville.

3. Member
    Thank you.

4. Member
    Unless you were right on the bank or up close to the bank on the right side of the dock towards the restaurant you should not have hit anything. I put in there all the time and never have had a problem. There is some brush out in front of the big wooden dock on the left side of the ramp but again unless you were with in 50-75ft of it you should have been fine

5. Member
    Thanks, I was pretty shocked to hear the "thunk" also. I launched there a year or two with no issues.