2001 Champ 190 SX

Hey guys, looking at buying a 2001 190 SX (fish ski). Is there anything I should look out for?

2. Member
    Check the transom or take it to someone who knows what they are looking at. I've got a thread or two here regarding my 190SX, I've owned a few boats but no many "bass" boats (prior really cool bass tracker 17' and a skeeter 21sx) both transoms were shot, buddy with a 201 2003 with a junk transom currently doing, all AZ boats. I'm amazed at how these things are build and more amazed about the maintenance on them with the folks that own them.

That said the Champ SX is a damn nice boat, it's why I own one. Take the one of the lower motor mounting bolts out and get an o-ring pick and if you can press into the wood I wouldn't give a dime over about 6K for it in perfect condition.

Motor, if your are savvy enough do a compression check or take it to someone as the motor/outboard is worth as much as the hull if not more. Take it out for a test run, running on muffs in a driveway doesn't tell you anything...

3. Member
    Thanks for the input, I ended up buying a triton to stay away from wood problems.