2011 200 hp pro xs issue

<1B839673>

Looking for any help on this. Here is the issue. Top speed is around 43 mph at 4500 rpms. Basically I have lost 1,000 rpms and around 20 mph. I have replaced the spark plugs, fuel filter and the primer ball. It has the same prop and I have not adjusted the jack plate since I’ve owned the boat. The boat would run in the mid to upper 60’s. It acts likes a WOT issue. I have adjusted the hot foot and have watched the linkage open and it appears to be going full throttle but have not back probed the sensor yet to verify that. Oh and also have done a compression test which all the cylinders are over 100 psi and within 10% of each other. I guess I’m wondering if anyone else has had this type of issue and what results you have found to fix this. Also have done a cylinder cut out test and that checked out. I have been told this could be a reed issue but my new bore scope has not arrived yet to check these out.
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 08-25-2021 at 01:35 PM.

2. Member
    what rpm was cyl drop test preformed
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Please see Announcement at top of forum and provide the required info.

PLEASE READ Before Posting
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Member
    Following...

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

See Joe's question (above)- the answer is important.

Also, what PROP are you running?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Sorry everyone. I’m new to this posting stuff. Engine # 1B839673. Model 1200P73EY. 2011 pro xs Optimax. 24p fury prop. Cyl cut out was ran at an idle. Analog instruments. I do not have the pressures on the idle or wot. Per the diagnostic tool. There were no stored or active codes. I am not getting warning buzzers at all. The only thing we had was the right bank was running warmer than the left. I have ordered new thermostat and gaskets. Right bank was between 130 and 145 and the left stayed around 100 to 104.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Start by addressing the PORT side thermostat problem, making sure that both banks of cylinders are coming up to at least 120 degrees AT IDLE. Make sure the spark plugs are not fouled (this can happen rapidly in situations such as this).

If problems persist, it will be necessary to run through all of the BASICS (Compression, Spark, and Fuel Quality/Air-Fuel Pressures/Pressure Leakdowns).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Thank you guys. I’ll do more this weekend and see what I find.

9. Member
    Finally have it figured out. I have 6 chipped reeds and 1 completely missing. I guess now I need to decide if I’m going to just replace the damaged ones or all 6 blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishedout72 View Post
    Finally have it figured out. I have 6 chipped reeds and 1 completely missing. I guess now I need to decide if I’m going to just replace the damaged ones or all 6 blocks.
    Why would you not replace them all while you're in there?

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

11. Member
    may not need to replace blocks just all reeds , not with steel
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    TDR Reeds is what I would recommend- see Rhonda's post (pinned at the top of the Forum) and drop her an email for assistance.