Thread: X19 vs X21 ride

X19 vs X21 ride

I am getting info and quotes on both. I have yet to ride in either as no dealers close to me in central NC. For those who have ridden in both....is there much difference, other than 2 ft and 50 hp? The extra 2 ft would be awesome but more $$. Is it that much difference in the ride of the 2?? My scenario is.....the lake next to me alot of it is shallow, but has deeper ledges I fish alot so a spot lock and poles would be awesome. Another lake I love is huge and can get very rough since most of the lake is laid out east west...so waves gets wicked at times unless you duck into the creeks. The last scenario is I would love to take it into the intercoastal and fish for reds, flounder, etc. Dual console and a bimini top for the wife would be there as well. The 19 fits my wallet better but the 21 might be doable. I am 58 so I hope to buy a boat that lasts me 20 yrs. I can repower my old Triton cheaper, slap an alum trailer under it but rather go new.

2. Member
    The 21 rides better but the 19 is a NICE ride no doubt. The 21 front deck is awesome to fish from. The 21 will do a bit better in rougher water. If money isn't an issue I'd spark for a 21 personally and if you have the room for it.

yeah it is like an $11k difference in price from what I can see initially.

4. Member
    Other than rod locker storage length is the only appreciable difference I noticed between the 2. This is comparing a 2000 X21 to a 2002 X19. The x21 had a 225 and the X19 is well a bit more than that. Both boats handled very close to the same with the 21 being a very little bit more stable in the rough stuff, more the driver than the boat. If you are running big water most of the time, than the x21 would be the first choice but the 19 is more maneuverable and that make a difference where I fish. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

sounds like the X19 maybe the better fit for me and my wallet. 11k diff I could probably afford better toys to add on.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkidMark View Post
    sounds like the X19 maybe the better fit for me and my wallet. 11k diff I could probably afford better toys to add on.
    Now I will say that the 21 was more comfortable fishing 3 people out of as far as space so that may be a concern if you regularly do that. I have been in 3.5' waves and some were close to 4' and with the bow up at about 15 to 20 mph it was not bad. We were wet but at no time did I feel unsafe. We had 3 other smaller boats following close behind to get back to the dock. These were close together waves not rollers. We had bimini tops on both boats and the 21 had a partial enclosure. The 19 will soon have a full enclosure for spring/fall trips in Canada. Being objective about it I still prefer the 19 for a all around boat. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

7. Mike Lamb
    looking at the x19 also.
    Michael Lamb
    2017 / Ranger 518c 200 Mercury Pro XS
    Raleigh, NC

Highly recommend you sit in one and then think if you are wearing winter clothing how easy it is to get in and out from behind the helm. I am 6'4", 275 and as Johnny said "If it don't fit, you must acquit."
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

I am trying to line up some test rides outta each. I am 6 ft and 250 so will find out.

I thought the boat was SWEET. I liked everything about it, BUT, always the But, just too small behind the helm for me. I am sure you fish year around, and there are a few days you need to bundle up. (Biggest Bass for our yearly tournament ALWAYS came out of Harris in either December or January.)
    2019 RT 198P
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

I hope to ride in em soon. The glass boats I have on my list are much more expensive. I am hoping this boat fits me well. I do not have a garage so a tin boat I think would fair better outside covered than my current glass boat does. Also I fish skinny water alot but many times I need a bigger lake boat for Kerr and Gaston. I would love to fish for reds and flounder in the intercoastal too.

10-4 as I keep looking at other for a smoother ride. Wieds's had a Skeeter 2250SX at an awesome price, but it was just too big for all the stuff I do. Just no one boat does it all. Have you checked out some of the flats boat like a Maverick?
    2019 RT 198P
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

I fish mostly bass tournaments and bring the wife, grandkids some so it has to be good riding. All the flats boats I been in suck for ride unless lake is glass smooth.