Thread: Ouachita Map

Ouachita Map

Looking for paper maps for the Ouachita River. Fishing hot spots doesn’t seem to have one.

2. Member
    People still use paper maps?

Quote Originally Posted by J.Cotier View Post
    Looking for paper maps for the Ouachita River. Fishing hot spots doesn’t seem to have one.
    Check out standard mapping
    ​Justin Scott
    Rocket
    Yamaha SHO

Youtube channel... Please subscribe.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp7...VnHj2tQ4BvAaMw

4. Member
    I live in Ma and I’m coming for nationals. Just looking to have one to look over in between now and then. Yes you’ll be surprised a lot of people including pros use paper maps to pre scout ��

5. Member
    I live in Ma and I’m coming for nationals. Just looking to have one to look over in between now and then. Yes you’ll be surprised a lot of people including pros use paper maps to pre scout ��

just messing with ya…. I don’t think there’s a published map for that river system..

i just use satellite mapping and compare between Google maps, Google earth, and the one on my Apple phone.. sometimes there’s different views between the three… I like comparing to topo maps as well.. only drawback is it seems like every time I’m exploring a river system on satelite maps, it’s always high water showing backwaters that you can’t get to..

depending on time of year, backwaters might not be the place to be anyway..

seems like I remember a few years back people ran to the refuge place in Arkansas to win…

darbonne bayou sticks out in my memory as a big well known, consistent area…
    Last edited by marshman; 08-23-2021 at 08:27 PM.

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Im with Marshman, don't remember seeing a map for that system...
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Member
    There used to be a place in Baton Rouge that sold topography maps. I don't know if they are in business anymore, but it appears that you can make your own maps. I searched topo maps for the river and it indicates that you can print them out. You may need to print a few in order to view where you want to fish.

The Honey Hole and Toledo Tackle used to sell a map for the river but it was a big book thing that was made by the COE ,, not sure if they still have them or not,, but these maps and others are not going to show you depth or structure ,,,,, as every year the river changes a lot ,, what is here this year is gone next and vice versa , the map will have the mile markers and general layout of the river , most of the tournaments on the river are won out of the D'Arbonne bayou north of Monroe,,,, just be very careful as you will tear up some chit in the S-Curves and other areas if you do not know were you are going,, and be sure and stay at a hotel in West Monroe ,, stay out of Monroe especially the area south of I-20 south on Hwy 165 as this area is not where you want to be

9. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Also what part of the year??? Late winter/ Spring time can have the water pretty high in that river system......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

I know in my area the fishing absolutely sucks. Be prepared to catch a boat load of 10" fish

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend870 View Post
    I know in my area the fishing absolutely sucks. Be prepared to catch a boat load of 10" fish
    Wait, are you talking about my area?? Haha..

of course, i think these bass here are gone for a while.. thanks to Ida..

Quote Originally Posted by River-Bandit View Post
    The Honey Hole and Toledo Tackle used to sell a map for the river but it was a big book thing that was made by the COE ,, not sure if they still have them or not,, but these maps and others are not going to show you depth or structure ,,,,, as every year the river changes a lot ,, what is here this year is gone next and vice versa , the map will have the mile markers and general layout of the river , most of the tournaments on the river are won out of the D'Arbonne bayou north of Monroe,,,, just be very careful as you will tear up some chit in the S-Curves and other areas if you do not know were you are going,, and be sure and stay at a hotel in West Monroe ,, stay out of Monroe especially the area south of I-20 south on Hwy 165 as this area is not where you want to be
    This is good advice. It will be won in Darbonne Bayou I would bet money. But I've lived here my whole life and have my boat in the shop from a stump around the s curves. My marker broke off when the water was high last time and didn't realize that. I was looking at a different tree for my marker and boom.

Quote Originally Posted by jp71291 View Post
    This is good advice. It will be won in Darbonne Bayou I would bet money. But I've lived here my whole life and have my boat in the shop from a stump around the s curves. My marker broke off when the water was high last time and didn't realize that. I was looking at a different tree for my marker and boom.
    Damn that sucks about your boat ,,I doubt I could remember my way thru there anymore as it's been several years since I fished up there ,,, I have a hunting camp in Columbia and will haul my boat up there and fish the river below the dam every now and them , also like to hit Caney, Turkey Creek , Woolen Lake, Beouf River but it depends on how my hunting season is going ,,, here last couple years I fish more than I hunt

Boeuf is one of my favorite fisheries. Not many huge fish but plenty of 2-4’s. I’ve never caught one over 6 there but close a few times. Caney can be on fire during the fall too.

Qualified already?
    ​Justin Scott
    Rocket
    Yamaha SHO

Youtube channel... Please subscribe.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp7...VnHj2tQ4BvAaMw

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbr900racer22 View Post
    Qualified already?
    Yea eastern regional was June at Erie.

Thanks for the help guys.

Also any derbies up north on October 23/24?