Boat and Trailer Registration, Inspection

Just moved to NC from VA. From what I have read on this site I can register both boat and trailer at DMV, very handy if this can be done. Trailer is dual axle with brakes under a BassCat Puma—will the trailer require annual inspection? My read on DMV site says only for loads over 4,000 lbs, so by my read won’t have to inspect. Looking to verify the above. Thanks

2. Member
    No,boat trailers don’t need inspections here. Register it at the DMV and you properly tax on it each year through the DMV when you renew the tags or license plate. It’s been a while for me but I’m pretty sure the boat is registered and titled through NC Wildlife Resource Commission,NCWRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post
    No,boat trailers don’t need inspections here. Register it at the DMV and you properly tax on it each year through the DMV when you renew the tags or license plate. It’s been a while for me but I’m pretty sure the boat is registered and titled through NC Wildlife Resource Commission,NCWRC.
    This X100. Make sure you have your original Bill of Sale with you just in case they ask for proof of taxes paid in your state. They may or may not ask for it. Welcome to NC