Question Allison History and Comment on Single Console

I sit all day and oogle over Allison boats, but I am having trouble following the lineage of bass boats. I thought the XB-21 was the precursor to the BasSport, but I guess they are the same? Can someone explain the recent models and maybe comment on things to watch for?

Another question I had is, with my Skeeter, I love the single console, and my Co (Dad, wife, and few buddies) don't mind it. I am afraid that if I were to go Allison, and got the single console, I may lose some fishing buddies. Can anyone comment on the Co's experience while running at speed in these vs a "cookie cutter"?

You have 3 versions of the XB-21. Prosport, BasSport 2+2, BasSport. All 3 are great fishing platforms and have the same hull. All 3 boats are basically the same back end from the livewell back and are different from that line forward. Many fish from Prosport, but if you are a big tournament guy the layout isn't the best. It really is a blended needs boat. Its a cross of a sport boat with a fishing boat and features a non-traditional layout. The 2+2 and BasSport Pro have a traditional bassboat layout with consoles on both sides. The 2+2 has 4 seats instead of 2 and as a result has a shorter front deck. The 2+2 has a great layout, it just makes a few compromises to allow for 2-3 additional seats. It's a fish and ski on steroids and done right.

The main difference between the older XB-21's and the new ones is the ability to hold larger electronics at the dash and nose. On the newer boats you also get a larger recessed foot pedal to accommodate the new troller pedals. Aside from that the old boats are built like tanks and hold up extremely well, thus the high resale value. You will not find a performance difference between the older boats and the new ones. They all run fast. Aside from that they made minor tweaks along the way like gas tanks and such, but non of that means the older boats aren't good.

Sorry, no magic in single console form. It can be a windy ride and since its is fast, it can be extremely windy. It's an Allison so the ride will be better, but that is a given. For some reason when they made the 2-seater they didn't copy the removable console from the 2+2 version of the XB-21. It would be awsome if you could add a console to a single console Allison, but you cannot. The top cap wasn't designed for it.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    You have 3 versions of the XB-21. Prosport, BasSport 2+2, BasSport. All 3 are great fishing platforms and have the same hull. All 3 boats are basically the same back end from the livewell back and are different from that line forward. Many fish from Prosport, but if you are a big tournament guy the layout isn't the best. It really is a blended needs boat. Its a cross of a sport boat with a fishing boat and features a non-traditional layout. The 2+2 and BasSport Pro have a traditional bassboat layout with consoles on both sides. The 2+2 has 4 seats instead of 2 and as a result has a shorter front deck. The 2+2 has a great layout, it just makes a few compromises to allow for 2-3 additional seats. It's a fish and ski on steroids and done right.

The main difference between the older XB-21's and the new ones is the ability to hold larger electronics at the dash and nose. On the newer boats you also get a larger recessed foot pedal to accommodate the new troller pedals. Aside from that the old boats are built like tanks and hold up extremely well, thus the high resale value. You will not find a performance difference between the older boats and the new ones. They all run fast. Aside from that they made minor tweaks along the way like gas tanks and such, but non of that means the older boats aren't good.

Sorry, no magic in single console form. It can be a windy ride and since its is fast, it can be extremely windy. It's an Allison so the ride will be better, but that is a given. For some reason when they made the 2-seater they didn't copy the removable console from the 2+2 version of the XB-21. It would be awsome if you could add a console to a single console Allison, but you cannot. The top cap wasn't designed for it.
    I emailed Darrus about this. Here's the responce.

Sorry, there is no conversion available. About 95% of XB-21 models are twin console. The second console is molded in just like the driver console.

Darris Allison

I would think that it's possible to engineer a removeable second console for the passenger though.

If you are extremely fiberglass handy you could. If not I would imagine paying someone to make a console will be expensive and not worth doing over selling and buying a different boat with two consoles. The boat is a Ferrari, it wouldn't look right with something that wasn't matched perfectly.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

5. Member
    A Ferrari.....thats exactly the term I use to describe my xb2003.

I could have sworn their was a early year 06 maybe, XB-21 that had a removable console. A guy by the name of Scott Vickey's dad bought it. Scott got it when his dad passed and then he sold it.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    The XB21 2+2 model does have a removable console, they have been built since 2003ish. The passenger console can be removed and a flat piece they make can be put in place. Allison updated the consoles about 5 or 6 years ago, they can be swapped in place on the 2+2 for the bigger graphs.
    www.bassboatelectronics.com

2008 Bullet 21XRD
    2014 Merc 250 Pro XS

Knoxville, TN

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad2002xrd View Post
    The XB21 2+2 model does have a removable console, they have been built since 2003ish. The passenger console can be removed and a flat piece they make can be put in place. Allison updated the consoles about 5 or 6 years ago, they can be swapped in place on the 2+2 for the bigger graphs.
    Unfortunately that option is no longer available and it was only offered on the 2+2 as Chad mentions.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

Too bad it's no longer an option, it really increased the usable deck space. Here is what the 2+2 looks like with the passenger console removed …
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Brad Luchsinger

2003 Allison XB-21 BasSport 2+2
    2004 Mercury Racing 250XS

1998 Xpress X70
    1998 Yamaha Vmax 150 TRP

2002 Triton 200XP

I have a removable console on my XB21 2+2. I’m the guy with Scott Vickery’s old boat
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Allison XB21 2+2 with Mercury 300R