Thread: Hamilton

Hamilton

Thinking of putting in at Hamilton. Never been there. Looking for LMB’s…should I go towards Williamston and fish or the other way ?

Better make sure the river is high enough to unload and won’t fall out on you and won’t be able to get it back on the trailer.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Banned
    Agree with crank68, i would put in at the Williamston ramp and not that far a run if you wanted to go up towards Hamilton.

4. Member
    Unless the Hamilton ramp has shoaled in recently,I’ve never had any issues loading there. It’s on a slight outside bend and had deep water on it.

5. Member
    Better off fishing up stream or down from Hamilton?

6. Banned
    It all depends on experience i would say. I hardly ever venture above Williamston myself but know quite a few who run way up the river past Hamilton. Look at the Roanoke river from a satelite view and you can zoom in and look at the bends in the river, what creeks, ditches or guts spill into the river and pick out those spots you think might hold some fish and go from there. The ditches usually do well where there is water coming out of them and a little current. Bass will stage at the mouth of them.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post
    Unless the Hamilton ramp has shoaled in recently,I’ve never had any issues loading there. It’s on a slight outside bend and had deep water on it.
    It has..