2022 zxr21 humminbird problems

Brand new boat and the units wont link n share waypoints. Humminburd tech support thinks I need a new ethernet cable ran from bow to 5 port switch ��
    Last edited by kgabriele1114; 08-21-2021 at 05:25 AM.

2. Member
    Hmm... Now I’m curious if any one else has experienced quality issues on their new 2022 models??

3. Member
    I'm assuming the "share waypoints" setting is turned on for both units?

4. Member
    Yea I was on the phone with humminbird going thru all settings and connections and all were correct but still no sharing

5. Member
    First, why not let the dealer deal with it. Secondly, make sure everything is connected. Is the 5 port getting power. Are the units seeing each other. Are the connections all good, maybe something wasn't tightened good enough and came undone. Are the units seeing the Ultrex link. Are both units on when trying to see waypoints. Waypoints don't get save on both units, and both units need to be on in order to see waypoints on the other.

6. Member
    So the dealership I got it from is 8 hours away..u seen any at ur local dealer? Nope didn't think so! And the closest skeeter dealer is 2 hours from me and swamped with work..So that isn't an option..and yup since I was on tech support for a long ass time It's safe to say we went through ALL of that hence y I was told by humminbird tech to either take it to dealer (not an option) or remove the ethernet cable and take a picture of it and send it to them then they would send me a new one...on a factory ran wire that's easier said then done..and I have a bfl in 2 weeks that it has 2 work correctly..new boat problems I guess

7. Member
    A few things. I’m guessing you have at least two graphs by default and the I-Pilot link trolling motor. If so you should have three cables. So, with the power switch on at tour console when you access any control head and go to the network settings do you see the other control heads? If so the cables are good. If you only see the control head your using then it could be the Ethernet box, cables or a setting. You can also connect a Ethernet cable directly to each unit and see if they are working that would rule out the box and determine which cable is bad. Deploy the trolling motor, again with power on check from a control head the network setting and GPS and see if you see the I-Pilot link or not. There should be plenty of cable under tour console to test with but you will have to remove the console control head and lay down by the Ethernet box which I’m guessing is by your hot foot.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

8. Member
    Easiest check would be to switch the cords around. Try switching the ultrex cord with the bow graph and see what shows up. If your not willing to take it to the dealer and not willing to just tear into it no one here can answer the questions without being there. Pop the bow panel locate the Ethernets. They’ll be zip tied up right under the panel. If switching them doesn’t work get a 12 volt tester and start checking leads. Check it at the Ethernet port then at the end of each cord.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hchamberlin1 View Post
    Easiest check would be to switch the cords around. Try switching the ultrex cord with the bow graph and see what shows up. If your not willing to take it to the dealer and not willing to just tear into it no one here can answer the questions without being there. Pop the bow panel locate the Ethernets. They’ll be zip tied up right under the panel. If switching them doesn’t work get a 12 volt tester and start checking leads. Check it at the Ethernet port then at the end of each cord.
    There you go. Good idea!
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

10. Member
    Actually u guys hit it right on the head and I will be doing it myself it's really no big deal for me to do even if it does turn out to be a bad cable after I test a few things..and yes I'm going straight from bow to console with the eathernet n see if they see one another..no the console right now sees the ipilot but not the bow 9 and the bow 9 don't see any of it so it seems to be the ethernet connection from the bow 9 to the 5 way switch bit I'm going to bypass 5way n go unit to unit n see if they can see one another n that will tell me everything I need to know

11. Member
    Thanks for the good ideas though..the switching of the ports just to see if anything pops up was a good one hadn't thought of that I actually switched the whole head units when I could of just switched the cables

12. Member
    If you have enough cable length, just run externally between the units and see if that clears it up before pulling the cable through the boat.

13. Member
    Have the same issue with my 2020 FXR. Watching.

14. Member
    Still watching.

Same issue with my 2022. Haven’t really messed with it yet.

16. Member
    Cables are cables, they get smashed, vibrated and some times just fail.
    You should also swap ethernet ports, move to a open port.
    you can buy a new cable and test it without running it first.
    Unit to unit you will lose your connectivity with the Ultrex and not be able to
    follow contours and you can set yourself up for more problems when you start
    talking about GPS and what unit sees what.

If you really get hung up contact Wayne P in the humminbird forum. He's the real king of setups!
    Good Luck!