Thread: Lavon question

Lavon question

Hey guys,
    Have a new motor that I need to cruise around to break in. I’m not that familiar with Lavon, but it’s close to the house. How crowded does it get on a Saturday and are there areas where I need to pay close attention to not hit anything? IE- timber. I know it has timber in the upper arms but curious if there are other areas where I need to watch out that aren’t as obvious on mapping. What are the best ramps that are also safe coming in from McKinney on 380? Thanks for any advice!

2. Lounge/Texas Club/Triton Boats Moderator Bobs21X's Avatar
    Just my two cents; but I would hit Lake Bonham. It's closer to you, and virtually no hazards, and it fishes good too

3. Member
    I second the Bohnam feedback. Much better than Lavon.

if breaking in the motor is what you're after, I'd go to Ray Roberts and stay between Jordan park and the Sanger Marina. You'll be able to run back n forth. If you go early, traffic won't be bad. Bonham is a great little lake, but it's too small to be able to do a motor "break in". Lavon is ok too, and you can run almost anywhere and not have any issues. just run around the dam area on any lake and you'll be fine.