Question Santee fishing in September ?

Hey guys I’m heading to santee for the first time ever in the first week of September. How’s the fishing been down that way lately? I’ll be staying a few nights down there at blacks camp. Anything to know about the lake before going that’s kind of important all info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Member
    Rule #1. Make sure your boat insurance is paid up ...... and make sure it covers accidental striking of underwater objects.
    Rule #2. Especially follow Rule #1 if you plan on fishing the upper lake.
    Rule #3. Hire a guide for Day-1 if you plan on spending multiple days. The cost of a Guide is less than a lower unit. Inky Davis is a great one ..... and a legend on Santee.

Hopefully, locals can give you better info on how fishing has been and what to do in Sept. It's still pretty hot and dog-day pattern for most of SC that time of year and fishing doesn't typically start getting into a good fall pattern for a couple more weeks.

Good Luck.
    -391v
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

3. Member
    I'm definitely not the one to ask but I learned the little I know about Santee. I've fished it alot of years but only couple times a year ,common sense goes a long way ,lower lake the perimeter is big and shallow when the depth comes up slow the hell down,also watch the wind it gets ruff to say the least.I for some reason worry more about hitting something on lower lake than upper lake,you can always run the markers in upper if not to windy but there are ways thru the trees too

4. Member
    1. If you run Lowrance, get the Cmap Precision for SC map. It has actually been mapped and is accurate.

2.. The fish will probably be in 8-12 ft of water unless we have a tropical system dump a bunch of new water.

3. Most likely the upper end of Lake Marion will be a better choice for fishing. The fish will be shallow up there......they don't have a choice.

Fish 999 Cypress tree's and catch one on the 1000th. Just kidding, but it's kind its true. Once you find an area you can usually catch a few, and you can always catch fish on cypress trees in Marion. I would fish the upper lake and fish out of Packs, you can run to a lot of good areas from there.
    Woody