New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar

How's everyone been doing fishing lately???

I have found it quite tough on a few of the bodies of water I've been on lately, small fish very abundant, keepers tough to find and lunkers not appearing....lol
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

2. Member
    Tough for me. Fished Northwood Lake last week and I thought I was Ok on that body of water but we struggled to get a few small bites. Funny thing I noticed was some of the weeds were already browning and kinda dying.
    Red Sox in 6!

3. Member
    Massasecum last Saturday, 10 LM in four hours - biggest just under 3#. Hit a backwoods kayak pond on Sunday with five friends, got 28... they added another 50 or so... but I won't tell you how big them ol' basses were;)

4. Member
    They were biting on Winnapausakee last weekend. Smallies deep around forty feet.

5. Member
    Horrible! Been struggling out on Long Pond in Harwich. And I see a lot of long faces at the ramp as well. The water is low, we havnt had barely any measurable rain what seems like months here. Sunny every day. The rest of Mass is almost under water yet we're in a major drought. I was hoping this hurricane would bring some rain but.....

Been hitting my same honey hole over and over .. not that hard to crush them when you have them all named

Quote Originally Posted by sushi520vx View Post
    Horrible! Been struggling out on Long Pond in Harwich. And I see a lot of long faces at the ramp as well. The water is low, we havnt had barely any measurable rain what seems like months here. Sunny every day. The rest of Mass is almost under water yet we're in a major drought. I was hoping this hurricane would bring some rain but.....
    Do they ticket if you park at the ramp? I see your from there but didn't know how much enforcement there was... I would love to fish that place at night.

Quote Originally Posted by cape cod basser View Post
    Do they ticket if you park at the ramp? I see your from there but didn't know how much enforcement there was... I would love to fish that place at night.
    That would be fun!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cape cod basser View Post
    I dont know if they ticket or not. There is a lifeguard sitting at the entrance during the day and probably pack up around 4pm. Most of the time I pull in, they never even look up to see if I have a sticker or not. My guess is they probably would not bother you if you came after hours. The police here are pretty cool and are use to over night parking at the SW ramps with all the striper fisherman. More importantly is flying around the lake and pissing off the residents. But, if you can wait a couple weeks, I dont think you need a sticker after Labor day. Dont quote me on that date.

10. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    Finally had a decent day on the water close to a 15lb bag on Cook's in Fall River a mini South Wattuppa, big fish was a 5.78 and and couple other solid ones and dropped 2 more close to 4 but it's how it goes , all on a C-rig power worm.

Nice Al. I actually thought about that place the other day for some strange reason, just popped in my head and I haven't fished it in years.

I was sneaking out a couple hours on the weekends. Took on a few projects over the summer. Planned on doing a lot of fishing this week while on vacation but I'm confined to quarters for 10 days. I'll be heading out Wednesday or Thursday though. May head to highland Lake. Yes I'm going out of my mind!
    Mac

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sushi520vx View Post
    I managed to catch a nice largemouth three weeks ago on Long Pond Harwich. It was a bit of a struggle as I was in my kayak and my Hbird was out so figuring out depth, etc was limited to the Navionics app on my phone. I just towed my Ranger up a few days ago so I'm excited to hit it from the boat. Now if I can only get that darned sidescan unit/S3D module to function reliably. That thing has been fighting me since I purchased the boat last October.

14. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    You should of got some rain last night not sure how much but we definetly picked up a few inches here

15. Member
    Yeah, the alarm on my wife's phone went off around 2am with a tornado alert. Dragged her and the baby down to our kid's room and set them up on the spare twin mattress. We just had a few minutes of what I perceived as pea or smaller sized hail then some wind and rain. Lots of flooding on the roads when she went to take supplies to the elementary school for teacher welcome day. I see you're in New Bedford.. let me know if you want to meet up and fish some time.