'98 and '01 203 hulls?

Talking to a trailer builder and they said they have the specs for an '01 203. Mine is a '98. Are the hulls identical and would their building specs from the '01 work on mine?

2. Member
    Should be identical.

Same hull

4. Member
    That's what I thought, but wanted to confirm.

Thanks guys!

5. Member
    What is a ballpark on price for one?

6. Member
    Which trailer builder? I would love to also contact them for the exact same trailer

7. Member
    X3

8. Member
    I've been in touch with Loadmaster in OH (direct) and Phoenix in MI (have to go through a dealer). Both are crazy expensive and both said the price will just keep going up (both went up 20-25% since April alone) not to mention they are anywhere from 13 - 20 weeks out for turnaround time at this point. If you're willing to drive to OH for the Loadmaster and pick it up, you can save a bunch on delivery charges. PM me if you want additional info.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    I've been in touch with Loadmaster in OH (direct) and Phoenix in MI (have to go through a dealer). Both are crazy expensive and both said the price will just keep going up (both went up 20-25% since April alone) not to mention they are anywhere from 13 - 20 weeks out for turnaround time at this point. If you're willing to drive to OH for the Loadmaster and pick it up, you can save a bunch on delivery charges. PM me if you want additional info.
    I bought a trailer from loadmaster for my 2001 203. It was a single axle, galvanized channel frame. It was a nice trailer. This was back in 2009 I think, paid almost 5k for it. They have been in business for a long time and have a good reputation.

10. Member
    Loadmaster did tell me they'd give a discount if we had a volume order as I told her I knew of 2 or 3 others that may be interested with the same boat.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    I bought a trailer from loadmaster for my 2001 203. It was a single axle, galvanized channel frame. It was a nice trailer. This was back in 2009 I think, paid almost 5k for it. They have been in business for a long time and have a good reputation.
    Maybe it's your boat they still had the bunk specs for then?

How did the single axle trailer treat you for that boat?

Are all you other guys inquiring currently running single or tandem axles? I'm assuming most guys run tandems on the 203s?

12. Member
    It's possible, but I never took my boat to them. One of my axles failed, so I had no way to get the boat to them. The trailer bunks were adjustable. 5,000# single axle with electric brakes. Took a little time to get the bunks adjusted. One thing they did that I didn't care for was that they mounted the axle too far back. Towed just fine once I moved the axle 12" forward. Another thing they didn't do was install fender liners. It was a quality built trailer just a little different than a normal bassboat trailer. I also had 2 202s before my 203 and they both had single axle trailers. You want your axle mounted at the center point of the tandem set up. Or you could just order a tandem. Inmo the single was fine once I adjusted everything. Everything was bolted together to allow for adjustments. I hope this helps. If ya want more info pm me and I will give ya my number so we can talk about it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another trailer from them. Dave

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    It's possible, but I never took my boat to them. One of my axles failed, so I had no way to get the boat to them. The trailer bunks were adjustable. 5,000# single axle with electric brakes. Took a little time to get the bunks adjusted. One thing they did that I didn't care for was that they mounted the axle too far back. Towed just fine once I moved the axle 12" forward. Another thing they didn't do was install fender liners. It was a quality built trailer just a little different than a normal bassboat trailer. I also had 2 202s before my 203 and they both had single axle trailers. You want your axle mounted at the center point of the tandem set up. Or you could just order a tandem. Inmo the single was fine once I adjusted everything. Everything was bolted together to allow for adjustments. I hope this helps. If ya want more info pm me and I will give ya my number so we can talk about it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another trailer from them. Dave
    Nope, that's another add on extra charge!