Central Michigan Bass Fishing ??

I have a home in central Michigan at the Canadian Lakes Club (Mecosta) just south of Big Rapids. The fishing on their waters is pretty good and over the years I have landed some amazing bass . I have always wondered if in that area their is other good bass fishing? Their is a river system called the Muskegan river that is really close but never fished it.
    Does anyone have any places in the area?

2. Member
    There’s some big pike in Croton/Hardy, have have one 45 1/2” hanging on my wall. I’ve heard there are some decent green bass in Haymarsh too but have never fished it myself.

chippewa lake is pretty good. mecosta lake can be ok, tamarack lake (Lakeview) if you like to flip. croton is easier year round, both croton and hardy can be very good early and late in the year but tough nut to crack most of the time.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thedude View Post
    chippewa lake is pretty good. mecosta lake can be ok, tamarack lake (Lakeview) if you like to flip. croton is easier year round, both croton and hardy can be very good early and late in the year but tough nut to crack most of the time.
    Croton is very weather dependent. Hit it right with a front approaching and it's lights out with plenty of bass, pike, and even some walleye biting if you cast spinnerbaits, swimbaits, crankbaits, or anything else you can power fish. But hit it on a bluebird day and it's really tough.

5. Member
    Martini flooding is close by. But you might need to see a psychologist when you get done fishing there. I looks amazing but population of bass is pathetic.
    2020 BassCat Cougar FTD SP
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move