Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Have 4 ionics in my boat for a year now. Best investment I made next to Panoptix, hands own. Customer service is off the chain. Had a problem with my charger when it was new, overnighted me a new one, no questions asked.

2. Member
    love the ionics, but now I have one that took a shit, went out last friday about 4 hours into the day the trolling motor just lost all power. grabbed the phone to check battery life 2 were at 70% and the third would not even connect to the app, when I got home I checked the batteries with my volt meter 2 were 13.05 and the bad one was 12.60, did all the what if's , maybe didn't charge up. maybe cables loose , plugged it in battery showed 1% and started charging up, charged to 99%, so I went out today figured it was a one time deal, batteries were 100% when I left the house, fished about an hour checked them 93%, ran to another spot fished a couple hours, didn.t check them ( I should have ), ran to another spot fished about an hour , trolling motor dead, check the batteries 2 of them at 83% 1 dead, again got home checked them with a meter 13.16 on 2 batteries and 12.74 on the bad one, this might be the only ionic battery I have ever heard of failing, I called drew and left him a message , hopefully he gets back to me tomorrow on what to do, I have a derby in 2 weeks and absolutly have to get this taken care of, but over all I am pleased with these and I know shit happens so I'll just wait for a call

Quote Originally Posted by Bandone View Post
    love the ionics, but now I have one that took a shit, went out last friday about 4 hours into the day the trolling motor just lost all power. grabbed the phone to check battery life 2 were at 70% and the third would not even connect to the app, when I got home I checked the batteries with my volt meter 2 were 13.05 and the bad one was 12.60, did all the what if's , maybe didn't charge up. maybe cables loose , plugged it in battery showed 1% and started charging up, charged to 99%, so I went out today figured it was a one time deal, batteries were 100% when I left the house, fished about an hour checked them 93%, ran to another spot fished a couple hours, didn.t check them ( I should have ), ran to another spot fished about an hour , trolling motor dead, check the batteries 2 of them at 83% 1 dead, again got home checked them with a meter 13.16 on 2 batteries and 12.74 on the bad one, this might be the only ionic battery I have ever heard of failing, I called drew and left him a message , hopefully he gets back to me tomorrow on what to do, I have a derby in 2 weeks and absolutly have to get this taken care of, but over all I am pleased with these and I know shit happens so I'll just wait for a call
    You are not the first to post this but it has not been that common. It is one of the reasons I went with Impulse. Drew has taken care of the folks who have had an issue though.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

4. Member
    well an update on my ionics, turns out my charger is loosing a bank. Its been fine for 5 years now and worked fine with my lithiums for the last 5 months but 1 bank is only charging at 13.7 volts which will not fully charge a lithium battery, ordered one from drew today, gonna send my mk460pc for repair and have an extra laying around, so bottom line battery is fine

5. Member
    well an update on my ionics, turns out my charger is loosing a bank. Its been fine for 5 years now and worked fine with my lithiums for the last 5 months but 1 bank is only charging at 13.7 volts which will not fully charge a lithium battery, ordered one from drew today, gonna send my mk460pc for repair and have an extra laying around, so bottom line battery is fine
    spoke too soon it was the battery, might be the only one I have ever heard of, battery dead in two hrs, has a bad cell, bought a new charger charged them up went out 2 hrs later same battery was dead. The only drawback that I see with lithiums is , yea you can use a regular deep cycle in a pinch, but where you mount them and the size difference could prevent that from happening, I could not squeeze in even a 24 series in place of the one that went bad, it would take some afro engineering to do it, only bad I can see with lithiums

6. Member
    I can't believe how many companies are making lithium's. Clearly Facebook knows I'm looking because my feed is flooded with them. Mostly brands I never heard of. Most offering 11 year warranties. That said, I will probably go with Ionic when I do buy.

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    I can't believe how many companies are making lithium's. Clearly Facebook knows I'm looking because my feed is flooded with them. Mostly brands I never heard of. Most offering 11 year warranties. That said, I will probably go with Ionic when I do buy.
    Be very very careful of some of these companies. I don't know how these companies can offer an 11 year warranty when they have been in business a few weeks. A LOT of people are just white labeling Chinese lithium and they have no clue what they are getting in their batteries. We have run extensive tests for over a year on batteries now, and its sad to say only 1-2 companies are doing it right. Most new companies popping up are getting used cells in their batteries and they are clueless that they are getting recycled components in their batteries. We are going with name brand cells, which are very expensive, but it's the only way to verify we are getting new cells and not recycled stuff.

All these companies popping up due to allibaba or similar sites have no idea if the Chinese companies are building their batteries to their standards and some have no idea what standards they need to be seeking. Someone is going to get hurt when one of these batteries goes! Becareful everyone!!!

8. Member
    My understanding is that ALL lithium cells come from China. Yes, there are quality differences, and differences with how the batteries are assembled. Warranties are only as good as the company behind them, and yes, not many have been around that long. Lithium Pros might be the only company I remember that was around over 10 years ago.

9. Member
    I did have a problem with one of my ionics, but Andrew took care of it right away, I have a battery on the way as we speak, I can not say enuf good things about drewcraft, the customer service is awesome, if I can swing a new boat this winter it will have Ionics in it, simply because of their service

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Be very very careful of some of these companies. I don't know how these companies can offer an 11 year warranty when they have been in business a few weeks. A LOT of people are just white labeling Chinese lithium and they have no clue what they are getting in their batteries. We have run extensive tests for over a year on batteries now, and its sad to say only 1-2 companies are doing it right. Most new companies popping up are getting used cells in their batteries and they are clueless that they are getting recycled components in their batteries. We are going with name brand cells, which are very expensive, but it's the only way to verify we are getting new cells and not recycled stuff.

All these companies popping up due to allibaba or similar sites have no idea if the Chinese companies are building their batteries to their standards and some have no idea what standards they need to be seeking. Someone is going to get hurt when one of these batteries goes! Becareful everyone!!!
    Hey Justin, do u plan to publish your testing results?

Tks, BAM

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    All I can say is read the warranties carefully there all not created equal . Some offer a 11 year warranty however after year 5 you are out of pocket. After year 8 your paying 70 percent of the cost of a new battery . Other companies will have every excuse in the book as to why they won't honor there warranty, while others just flat out give you a 3 year. At Impulse we give you a full 10 year non prorated warranty. This is a full repair or replace for 10 years. Our platinum line has grade A plus matched cylindrical cells and bluetooth technology. We spec exactly every component that goes into our batteries. Not all cells, as Justin mentioned are created equal. Some use less expensive prismatic cells in there batteries. Do your research no matter what brand you choose and know what your getting, a little research goes a long way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123