Spider grubs as a swim jig??

Got a whole Crapload of spider grubs. Anybody use these like a swimjig??
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alumicraft145 View Post
    Got a whole Crapload of spider grubs. Anybody use these like a swimjig??
    I use Zoom Fat Albert twin-tails readily for a swim jig, I suppose if you ran it "naked" on a jig head without the rubber/silicon skirt, it would achieve about the same thing. I like the double tails when the bass are on the bluegill/bream bite, especially when they are getting on their nests and right after post-spawn when the sunfish start to spawn...killer action on a fast retrieve higher in the water column, and shorter/more compact/chunkier presentation versus a paddle tail type.

3. Member
    You could make the argument Garland spider skirts with a Mr. Twister double tail grub used with a swimming retrieve was the first "Swim jig " in the late 70's

5" Kalin grub on a 1/8 >1/4 oz ball head works fine as a "swimbait". Use a weedguard if you need to...I guess the weed guard would make it into a "swim jig". Good presentation for suspended fish. Pretty much the same thing as the Storm 360 "search bait".
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

5. Member
    I assume you're talking about double tailed skirted grubs like a hula grub. I don't but I'd give it a try. They should have a lot more hang time when fished erratically.

6. Member
    I also got some single tail spider grubs. Going to assemble all of them together and see what I got. Swimming t a Texas rigged spidergrub thru he weeds was real popular on Champlain years ago.
    2019 Alumacraft 14.5 escape tiller "child support"
    2018 Ford fiesta "pistachio"
    1992 kawasaki zx11 "legend"