Thread: Harris Chain?

Harris Chain?

Would that be where Harris, Denham, Dora, Eustise etc are? Son and I are still scouting areas to move to in Fl. I have heard about the Harris chain on lakes but wasnt sure of that is where its at. We are looking for somewhere thats affordable, and within 90 mins (or closer) of some great fishing. I had previously post about Palaka area, so not sure if being closer to Kissimmee would be a better option on lakes..
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

2. Member
    If you move to the Leesburg, Eustis, Mt Dora area you are on top of the Harris Chain. You are within an hour to the Kissimmee Chain, less than an hour to the St.Johns. You are also less than 1 hour to the Clermont Chain, John's Lake, Butler Chain, Conway Chain and Lake Panosoffkee.
    Brad Krone

3. Member
    For what it’s worth the Bass fishing in Fl. is ok at best. A mere shadow of what it use to be.Our lakes have been poorly managed by over applying herbicide to our waterways and wildlife habitat turning into mud pits .The very people that should be overseeing and protecting are turning there heads because it’s all about money thanks to our elected officials and FWC .Not trying to discourage you but I wish Florida would learn from Texas and take care of our precious resource. We still have some good lakes for fishing but at the current spray rate not for much longer.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gambler1 View Post
    For what it’s worth the Bass fishing in Fl. is ok at best. A mere shadow of what it use to be.Our lakes have been poorly managed by over applying herbicide to our waterways and wildlife habitat turning into mud pits .The very people that should be overseeing and protecting are turning there heads because it’s all about money thanks to our elected officials and FWC .Not trying to discourage you but I wish Florida would learn from Texas and take care of our precious resource. We still have some good lakes for fishing but at the current spray rate not for much longer.
    Very well said
    Brad Krone

Yep...I fish every weekend and everywhere I go it's usually tough. Rarely you will have what you call a "good day"...

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

6. Member
    TPWD has killed a few here from spraying as well...Toledo Bend used to be a stellar lake to fish, now its gone way down with them killing off all the grass. Rayburn has suffered from being over fished now that Toledo has gone down hill. I would bet there are 10-15 different tournaments a weekend on it now....Besides the fishing, kiddo and I are ready to get out of this area anyways. I looked online at Leesburg area and it seems decent...I didnt know there were that many lakes in a short distance though. All the info is much appreciated!!
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

7. Member
    Lol... There are plenty of great bass lakes in Fl. Fwc doesn't do us any favors but big fish are still being caught. I live in the country just N. Of Gainesville and can't fish all the lakes around me, but if I was relocating for bass fishing access it would be the wildwood corridors. Around where 75 and the turnpike meet. Still rural enough but you can be in major retail in less than a hr. Minutes away if you want to get into Lake co. In less than a hr. You can be in all the major fisheries. Harris chain, rouseau, panasoffkee, orange, Kissimmee chain, Rodman, sjr. Henderson, John's, Clermont...etc... And the interstates you can be all the way to Okeechobee to the S. And Seminole to the N. In 3 hrs. Or less.

8. Member
    You guys are awesome, I really appreciate all the info...Cant wait to get out there and maybe get to fish with some of you.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

9. Member
    I would just move to texas lol

10. Member
    I still might but I would move down to the Hernando area. There is more water and connected lakes to fish in a lifetime.

11. Member