Where in Northeast Oklahoma?

Planning our annual guy trip for next Spring. Probably an April time frame. What lakes are the best bets for BIG bass? Was looking at Hudson but the reports of all the hazards is kind of alarming, is it that bad? What other lakes would you all suggest?

2. Member
    Hudson can be a little hazardous, I've found some places that don't necessarily line up with navionics. I like to just stay in the channel when going up river because there are occasional stumps and logs the further up you go. Grand is always a good option, fishing can get tough though.
    2006 Triton TR-196 w/ Mercury 200hp Optimax

If you’re looking for a BIG bass, I would suggest that you drop a little further south and hit Sardis, McGee Creek, or Broken Bow. I don’t fish NE OK much so I’m not much help with those lakes. I know that Tenkiller is a good smallmouth lake. Blaukat has a video about how badly hammered Grand is but I can’t say anything about that.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

4. Member
    E Evers caught nearly 30lbs on Grand during Classic a couple years ago. Also have tons of places to stay. Great food & drink by water. Plenty of guides if need information on patterns. But what he said above for BIG bass…go south. Go to Grand for a BIG time.

I would also recommend going further S for the BIG bass in April. I would suggest lakes S of I-40 would be a good option in April.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

6. Member
    for big fish I agree south of i40 with one exception dripping springs. of the three lakes mention sardis would be my suggestion. these two lakes have lots of timber.

7. Member
    Or go a little further to Texas where they are alot bigger and more of them!

8. Member
    Eucha and Spavinaw have a lot of fish over 8lbs

Thank you all for the replies! Keep em coming, we got plenty of time to reach a decision. I really appreciate it!

10. Member
    I wouldn't say okla can't hold its own compared to Texas. Ive caught more over 10 in the last 5 years and I've lived in states known for big fish. Key in my opinion is spending time on one body of water in all types conditions on lake with potential for big fish.

I've been to Fork twice. First time I was in such awe I could barely fish. Second time I focused a bit more and had an absolute blast. Biggest for me was just over 6, which is HUGE for an Iowa guy, brother in law had an 8 plus. Plenty of quality, beautiful lake, and on my bucket list for one more trip. Time constraints are keeping us in the Northeast area of Oklahoma. Probably looking at three days of fishing. Eucha caught my interest, just under 3000.acres sounds like it might be easier for us to dial in areas and patterns.

12. Member
    Eucha, Spavinaw, & Grand are only 20 miles a part. Stay on south side of Grand and hit them all. More lodging & GOOD food available. Tenkiller is another 30 miles and has smallmouths.

13. Member
    i live on grand,this year she has put out..i know quite a few 8-9s caught ,not in tournament's ,locals..ive caught 10 over 5,1 6.5 and 1 7.6..april and may are the best....throw red chatterbait and red cranks.also behind boat docks,with a jig works well..
    Last edited by 920screaming250; 08-20-2021 at 04:28 AM. Reason: spelling
    TrackerUser

14. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 920screaming250 View Post
    i live on grand,this year she has put out..i know quite a few 8-9s caught ,not in tournament's ,locals..ive caught 10 over 5,1 6.5 and 1 7.6..april and may are the best....throw red chatterbait and red cranks.also behind boat docks,with a jig works well..
    shhhh they don’t eat red at grand!!!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTT196 View Post
    Or go a little further to Texas where they are alot bigger and more of them!
    Yep, plenty of big mouths there....
    Ranger 205dvs 225opti

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haftafish22 View Post
    shhhh they don’t eat red at grand!!!
    TrackerUser

17. Member
    TrackerUser