Jordan Lake Buoys and Fish Attractors

I fished, or rather mostly cruised around, Jordan Lake on Saturday. We stayed at the Crosswinds Campground, so we mostly fished/cruised the area north of 64 and as far south as Ebenezer Beach. I saw this thread http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1107594 that appears to focus on the timber along the western shore of the portion north of 64 and it was helpful. I'm a new boater - at least new to boating a big lake (old boat was 10' and could do 5mph with a tail wind) and don't completely understand some of the bouys.

At these coordinates 35.739379, -79.018070 on a little side channel was a "no boats" buoy. Was it marking something directly under it, the area between it and the closest shore, or the entire side channel?

This on is more of a curiosity. In the middle of the area that goes north of 64 and east to the Farrington bridge towards crosswinds there is a big ring of buoys. My LakeVu G3 Ultra maps show a square object under the water on the old creek bed - anyone know what it is? I could not see anything on sidescan doing loops around the area.

I downloaded the fish attractors gpx file from NCWildlife. We tried to fish at one set of attractors at 35.748113, -79.017603 but I did not see anything on sidescan there other than the marker sticking out of the water... Livescope is not fully installed (my knock-off GMS10 did not work - waiting on replacement), so I could not look around with it as I planned.

Finally, reading the other thread and the talk of unmarked or poorly marked hazards, does anyone have a gpx file they want to share with hazards marked?

Thanks,
    Last edited by jrfuda; 08-27-2021 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Typo in title
    John

2016 Tracker Pro Guide V16 WT w/2019 Mercury 90 4 Stroke and Terrova 55
    Garmin 93SV UHD (Bow), Garmin 73SV UHD (Console), Garmin Livescope (Bow on Fishing Specialties Bowducer)
    Dakota 100AH TM Battery, Ionic 125AH Cranking/House Battery;
    Dual Power-Pole Micros

2. Mike Lamb
    35.739379, -79.018070

That are is off limits. If you look up on the hill by HWY 64 you will see a water pump station.

That i do believe is the only off area for boats on Jordan. As for Hazards? Many depending on the water level.
    Michael Lamb
    2017 / Ranger 518c 200 Mercury Pro XS
    Raleigh, NC

I agree with Mike in thinking that is the only off limits place on Jordan. As far as hazards, if it gets really low more will become relevant but a normal pool, there are not a lot in the main lake and larger bays, basically places you will run on plane. Going north of 64, there is the timber you you mentioned but on the east side of the lake is a channel marked with red and green channel markers. If you stay between them, you are fine. There is a submuerged road bed in the back of Littel Beaver Creek and it should be apparent on your chart. It is also marked with bouys but poorly in my opinion. Instead of standard red and green channel markers there are 3 hazard bouys. But, there is a safe way through between the left two as you are heading back into the creek. Usually, at normal pool the road is just a foot or two under the water and you can see it unless the water if very muddy. There is also timber beyond that so don't run all the way to the back on plane. If you go way up and start getting into the Haw River, you'll find some really big rocks but by then I doubt you'd be on plane anyway. Could still tear up a prop.

South of 65 and at least 100 yards of any visible shoreline, I think you a generally safe. Pay attention to points of land because if it is a long gradual slope above water, there is a good chance it is below as well. In my experience, all current graphs have good enough charts to keep you from running aground.

Please feel free to post any other question and I am sure the crew will do what they can to help you out.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow