Hmm, which lake?

My son called me last night and wants to make a father/son fishing trip before he heads across country for work. We are in SE Tx and thinking about Fork, Somerville or Fayette. He is going to pull the 5th wheel with his truck, and Im going to pull the boat. Not sure which of those lake are doing decent right now. We want to get out of this area for a few days and relax more than anything. Fish when we want or just sit around the fire pit. Havent heard any fishing reports on those lake...May even consider Belton Lake.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

2. Member
    I was at Fork all last week,had one really good day and the other four were terrible, went to Holbrook and it wasn’t any better.

3. Member
    Hard to pass up Fork but if you do and I’d go to Fayette over Somerville. If Fayette is slow Somerville is only 30 minutes away. Fayette has fixed up the camp ground. Paving the ramp parking lot soon so check on that. They are closing one ramp at a time.
    Brandon
    04 Ranger 520

4. Member
    I do like Somerville and Fayette being close together.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

Fayette and Fork offer more than Somerville IMO. Somerville can produce some big bass lately though.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Member
    Better love fishing grass if you go to Fayette

Does Fayette have a bunch of grass now? I would have said you better like fishing rock and loosing lures. But that's just me.

Heck you can catch them several ways on Fayette. I have only had a few days where my boat caught less then 25 fish a day on that lake.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

8. Member
    I was wondering the same exact thing Bryan. I was on Fayette back in May and know of a couple spots that has some submerged grass but would say it is sparse at best. Maybe Donkey was referring to the reeds close to the bank??
    Jeff

2005 Ranger Z20 w/ 225 Merc Pro XS