Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gary_fritz View Post
    ha, can you imagine how many fewer reports there would be
    Call it ol' fashion I got a problem with neighbor within reasonable distance I'd go try to talk it. If I get the third digit it's game on.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAL321 View Post
    Call it ol' fashion I got a problem with neighbor within reasonable distance I'd go try to talk it. If I get the third digit it's game on.
    You can call it ok’ fashion but at least common courtesy, you know treat others the way you’d want to be treated.
    2019 Ranger 212LS with a 2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4-Stroke
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MSI and HELIX 10 Chirp (side by side at the console)
    Humminbird HELIX 10 MDI+ and HELIX 10 Chirp (stacked at the bow)
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112lb with Humminbird MEGA 360
    Dual Minn Kota 12' Talon with R&R Design
    Extended Emergency Ladder

there's probably a time constraint on how long it can be in your driveway - like no more than 3 days at a time, so just move it for a day (go fishing) and then park it again

4. Member
    Thank you everyone for your input.

im waiting to hear back from the HOA on the exact rules.

I checked out a local marina that stores the boats indoors and launches it when you need it but they don’t have power access for me to charge my batteries and another unfortunate thing is I could only fish St Clair where they store it and no in land lakes.

It would take way too much time for me to have to get the boat put back on the trailer then drive it back the opposite way to an in land lake.
    Not to mention having to take all of my fishing gear out every time I leave. Such a inconvenience.

I don’t think I seen one bass boat in their storage.

I’m still wondering what any of you actually do with your bass boats that are in my position?

5. Member
    Maybe there is a local fishing club that could help you find something?

Could you search Craig's List?
    Facebook Marketplace?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by datbasstho View Post
    This is such a huge inconvenience. I store all my gear in my boat. I would have to pick it up from where I store it, bring it home to load it, then coming back I would have to come home to unload it and then drop it off at where I store it. Huge headache not to mention, I like being home sometimes and going out to clean it when I have the time.

I just moved from Canada and as communist as they are, I’ve parked my old 19’ boat in my 2 car driveway for 5 years without a single complaint.
    Welcome to the HOA. LOL. I will never live in one. If I ever win the Lotto I am starting redneck acres though. Different set of rules.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

7. Member
    Thank you everyone for your input.

im waiting to hear back from the HOA on the exact rules.

I checked out a local marina that stores the boats indoors and launches it when you need it but they don’t have power access for me to charge my batteries and another unfortunate thing is I could only fish St Clair where they store it and no in land lakes.

It would take way too much time for me to have to get the boat put back on the trailer then drive it back the opposite way to an in land lake.
    Not to mention having to take all of my fishing gear out every time I leave. Such a inconvenience.

I don’t think I seen one bass boat in their storage.

I’m still wondering what any of you actually do with your bass boats that are in my position?
    I found a farmer that had a huge barn...and when that ran out I stored indoors at a storage area in Romeo.....Uhaul
    There is another place in Romeo called Brookside I believe out by the airport on 32 mile...I live up that way so they worked good for me but there are storage yards pretty much everywhere..

It sounds like you are talking about rack storage down on LSC...I wouldnt recommend that because you are at the mercy of the Marina...If you want to get out at daybreak it probably isn't going to happen..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

8. Member
    M HOA is similar. We can keep boats/RV's/Trailers in our driveway or street for 72 hours at a time. We built the garage to be able to store the boat. It's a pain in the butt for you, but rules are there for a reason.

9. Member
    Sounds like you have a nice home with a garage? Maybe a storage shed in the back yard to make room for the boat in the garage?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4dollar View Post
    Sounds like you have a nice home with a garage? Maybe a storage shed in the back yard to make room for the boat in the garage?
    The house has 3 single garages (I hate that it’s not a double and single) and they’re also sideways so it would be impossible to maneuver my boat inside not to mention the step that’s build in all along the inside of the garage. I don’t understand the purpose of the step. Someone told me to stop your car from hitting the wall which is ridiculous. Or someone else said so you can put shelves there but it literally takes up so much parking space. I cannot fit a vehicle the size of a pick up in the garage because of the lip.

I also want to thank everyone who’s gave me tips and advice. I managed to write a letter back and they haven’t responded so I still have the boat here until I store it for the winter.

11. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    Well I give them 2 choices the boat that they can’t see.
    OR THE JUNKER Car or Truck, and I mean it would be an eyesore, I’d park it right down the end driveway, I’d wash the sob
    id drive that rusted junk heap every other day around the block, and I’d laugh my ass off.
    That get the neighbors goat good , but read the hoa rules read good , beat them at there own game, your smart.

Im going to get the full details and read them.

This is such a huge inconvenience. I store all my gear in my boat. I would have to pick it up from where I store it, bring it home to load it, then coming back I would have to come home to unload it and then drop it off at where I store it. Huge headache not to mention, I like being home sometimes and going out to clean it when I have the time.

I just moved from Canada and as communist as they are, I’ve parked my old 19’ boat in my 2 car driveway for 5 years without a single complaint.
    Dude, do you have any idea how many boaters have to do that? HOA rules are what they are, live by them or move. Yeah it sucks, but so does a lot of other things. Find your own place where you can keep your boat on your property and not be in violation.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    Dude, do you have any idea how many boaters have to do that? HOA rules are what they are, live by them or move. Yeah it sucks, but so does a lot of other things. Find your own place where you can keep your boat on your property and not be in violation.
    Unfortunately it HAS to be in a garage if I keep it here. I would love to build a new one for it in the backyard but I made a bunch of humans that love to swim so it’s either boat storage or a pool. I’m googling ways on how to store a boat inside a pool in the winter.

Can you put it in father-in-law’s garage?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12