Thread: TR2 or Tempest

TR2 or Tempest

Recently repowered my 05 ZX225 with a 225 SHO. I have run a few different props with mixed results. My T1 SHO prop runs out good with a great holeshot and top end speed, only problem is to high on rpms. Half a tank of gas one person 74 mph and 6300 rpms. 3.25 prop to pad. 26 Fury sluggish hole shot and mid range. Not as much lift but top end speed is about the same at 74 turning 6100 rpms. 27 Tempest running 75 mph at 6100 rpms. This prop is a friends that was worked by Mark Croxton. It was pitched down some and cup added for lift. I have another friend running a 26 T2 on a 2017 ZX225 and running 77 mph at 6000 rpms. I hate going down this rabbit hole but looking for recommendations and reasons why. I have read some bad things about the T2. Thinking of having Mark work my 25 T1 SHO prop and pitching it up to a 26. Give me your thoughts. One minute I'm leaning Tempest and the next T2.
    Gary Burks Fergus Falls, MN
    2005 ZX225/2017 225 SHO

2. Member
    How are you getting your rpms? Really sounds like your tach is off unless the motor has been flashed and the rev limiter raised. There are several posts about different props. A lot of them say the t2 is the best and others say bravo, fxp, solas scorpion or a 4xl. You cant really go off of what other boats run speed wise because every boat is different. Some are runners and some aren't. Mark does great prop work. You might try giving him a call and ask him what he suggest. He's seen a lot. And could probably lead you in a better direction than I can.
    Nick McDaniel