regular shafts vs senior shafts??

I made the switch this year and now have all senior shafts. I'm happy with all except for the driver. It's a maverick max. I hit this club crazy high regardless of how low I set it on the tee. I'm getting 190-200 yards out if it. I played with my old standard shaft today and hit it 220-230 yards. I have no clue as to why the difference. I do know that I'm setting aside the maverick till I get a bit older, when ever that might be. Anyone else switch back and forth from senior clucbs back to standard shafts?
    thanks!

2. Member
    I recently departed from stiff to regular but I still like my stiff clubs. I tend to hit them further but the regular clubs allow me to relax a little more during the swing. I’m kind of in between flexes right now.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisco View Post
    I recently departed from stiff to regular but I still like my stiff clubs. I tend to hit them further but the regular clubs allow me to relax a little more during the swing. I’m kind of in between flexes right now.
    this is not what I thought it was...senior shafts do eventually decline a little

Maybe switch the shaft you like over to the mavrik and see how you hit it?
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeSF View Post
    I made the switch this year and now have all senior shafts. I'm happy with all except for the driver. It's a maverick max. I hit this club crazy high regardless of how low I set it on the tee. I'm getting 190-200 yards out if it. I played with my old standard shaft today and hit it 220-230 yards. I have no clue as to why the difference. I do know that I'm setting aside the maverick till I get a bit older, when ever that might be. Anyone else switch back and forth from senior clucbs back to standard shafts?
    thanks!
    Mike - may I ask your age? I am 64 and drive about the same distance. I have one wedge with a senior shaft, all other clubs are regular shaft.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RJR View Post
    Mike - may I ask your age? I am 64 and drive about the same distance. I have one wedge with a senior shaft, all other clubs are regular shaft.
    Usually I'm a young 71. Some days I feel like an old 71.

7. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    The shaft tip is probably too soft and the profile doesn't fir your swing. You need to find some different shafts to try.

8. Member
    Find a custom fitter and find the right shaft for your swing, makes a big difference in both distance and accuracy.

9. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I just changed from xstiff to stiff at age 61, probably won't be long before the switch to reg. My driver swing speed is still 104 to 106, but that must be slow compared to what it used to be.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!