BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator

Exclamation Canadian Waters now open...

As part of the new Canadian border policy, under the category of “Entering Canadian Waters for Leisure Cruising,” individuals can now enter Canada for leisure and touring, including pleasure fishing, sightseeing and other discretionary purposes (known as loop movements),” according to the Canadian Border Services

2. Member
    Yeah!

3. Member
    Do you need a Canadian fishing license in the st Lawrence or is it reciprocal?

4. Member
    Yes, an Ontario license for waters bordering your state is needed. I carry a Passport Card for ID as a lot of state driver's licenses are not valid for proof of citizenship, such as my NJ license. Some states have enhanced driver's licenses, NY is one of them I recall, and that is acceptable for ID. Of course a passport or a birth certificate would work. The Ontario license web site has a phone number where you can confirm the above.

5. Member
    Do you have to call a phone number to let them know that you will be coming into Canada to fish?

Quote Originally Posted by basssj View Post
    Do you have to call a phone number to let them know that you will be coming into Canada to fish?
    If you are just going to fish and not anchor, No
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    they consider putting your powerpoles down anchoring , buddy of mine seen them coming to check was in about 6 foot of water so he put his poles down so they could come aboard and they told him he set foot in canada and asked him for a passport... let him go with a warning but keep that in mind.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    they consider putting your powerpoles down anchoring , buddy of mine seen them coming to check was in about 6 foot of water so he put his poles down so they could come aboard and they told him he set foot in canada and asked him for a passport... let him go with a warning but keep that in mind.
    Wow. A bit of a power trip it looked like.
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rod View Post
    Wow. A bit of a power trip it looked like.
    100 percent, my interations with them on st lawrence have been less then pleasant, and everything was in order