Best coosa chain lake for spotted bass mid November?

Looking at coming down to fish the coosa in mid November.
    Any suggestions which lake?

2. Member
    Weiss would be my first choice, but you REALLY need an accurate map card that be be adjusted for lake levels. At that time Weiss is 4 feet below full and there are lots of things to hit.
    Smith Lake isn't on the Coosa, but is a good choice as well.
    On you way down, or back home, allow a day and stop at Carters Lake in NW Georgia. It can be tough, but can also yield a 4-5 lb. spotted bass.

I would vote for Jordan or Mitchell. Both of those lakes you have a chance to catch your PB Coosa Spot.

Neely Henry will be good in November as would be Logan Martin. Lay is an option but has limited places to stay. There is a 4H Club that runs a hotel fairly close to Beeswax ramp. There are no bad options. Be VERY careful with Weiss, it is deceptive with regard to depths and obstacles IN the channel.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Member
    Jordan. Most likely to catch 4lber + in my opinion.

6. Member
    Any lodging recommendations for jordan area or mitchell, like a cabin or little house near the lakes?

VRBO would be your best bet. I have stayed at a few really nice houses on Jordan. Mitchell isnt a far drive at all from Jordan if u wanna try a different lake on a different day.

8. Member
    VRBO for on the lake. If that's not needed Prattville,AL will be close and have several choices depending on what you want to spend. There is a couple hotels in Wetumpka also if you are not looking for anything fancy. If you stay in Prattville you will also be right at the AL river which also has some great spots in it!!! And 30 mins max from Mitchell also.

9. Member
    The Inn of Clanton next to Shoney's has a direct drive to Lake Mitchell.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    Neely Henry will be good in November as would be Logan Martin. Lay is an option but has limited places to stay. There is a 4H Club that runs a hotel fairly close to Beeswax ramp. There are no bad options. Be VERY careful with Weiss, it is deceptive with regard to depths and obstacles IN the channel.
    There's some very nice cabins built just for fishermen very close to Beeswax, now.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

11. Member
    If you stay around Clanton, you can hit Lay, Mitchell and Jordan very easily.
    2007 Bass Cat Puma
    2007 Mercury Pro XS 250

12. Netman extraordinaire Coosa Redeye's Avatar
    Weiss, but you better be careful running w.o.t.
    2015 Nitro Z8
    2015 Mercury Optimax 250
    2019 Chevy Silverado

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coosa Redeye View Post
    Weiss, but you better be careful running w.o.t.
    This will be worse next draw down season as I saw where winter pool will be raised a couple of feet. That will cover up a lot of stuff just under the water surface and will lead to more "hits".

14. Member
    November Lake levels on the Coosa, Weiss down 4ft, Neely Henry down 2 ft. Logan Martin down 5ft, Lay, Mitchell, Jordan full pool. Lay has some nice schools of Spots late fall and winter if you can find them, and they Hit top water even in February in these schools on shad. The biggest spots i've ever seen are in these schools on Lay. Mitchell and Jordan are you best bets for Personal Best. While Logan Martin, you can catch tons of them just not many big ones. Bigger Spots will be at the tail races of the damns. Get you a Southern Maps card. Stay in the channels on Logan when its down, and Lay Below Cedar Creek there is standing timber. Logan has a few hazzards when the water is down, but I prefer it down for structure fishing. Tons of points roadbeds, lock areas, but no grass on this lake during the winter to fish. Lay, Mitchell, and Jordan will have grass mat to fish year round. I have a camper on Logan, they have rental lots year around just don't have water in there during winter.

2016 Phoenix 921 ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

15. Member
    Not on the Coosa but for my choice I would go to Lake Martin @ Alex City. Plenty of places to stay and eat.